Paul Lambert

limpid

He's a useless word removed. As simple as that.

I hate him more than i've ever hated a Villa manager.

Not on a personal level, i've never met him and have absolutely no desire to either. As a football manager, or as someone masquerading as one at least. There's NOTHING i like or admire or buy into with regards his reign.

Just **** off.

• Like 1

Enough really is enough. He needs to leave when the season is finished

But he isn't going to, a new deal is there and the quicker people realise that then the quicker you can all stop banging on about him going anywhere.

But he isn't going to, a new deal is there and the quicker people realise that then the quicker you can all stop banging on about him going anywhere.

This is not confirmed and im sure any owner would play this card to keep the pressure off!!

Why do you keep saying it like because the club are doing it, people may as well just bow their heads and silently accept? 

Why do you keep saying it like because the club are doing it, people may as well just bow their heads and silently accept? 

Because constantly posting that he needs to leave, or that he should be sacked at the end of the season, is absolutely pointless. People still are bowing their heads and silently accepting it unless there is actual action taken by those that want him gone, the only place I've seen any real calls for his sacking is on this forum.

• Like 1

Because constantly posting that he needs to leave, or that he should be sacked at the end of the season, is absolutely pointless. People still are bowing their heads and silently accepting it unless there is actual action taken by those that want him gone, the only place I've seen any real calls for his sacking is on this forum.

You clearly don't use Twitter, or view other forums then. Anyway, this is a forum for people to air their concerns and object if they wish to decisions made at this club, whether this will have an effect or not. If it really pains you to see people stating they don't want the manager to remain in employment here, probably best not to come on this thread I'd humbly suggest. As that won't be changing anytime soon. 

Edited by Isa

Walking away from villa park tonight lots of talk that that's enough now. I think he's losing support and fast now.

Same here. Everyone i passed was talking about how shit Lambert is. He lost me long ago.

I think he lost me today (luckily, I did not see the Stoke match last weekend).

Wait until summer and ged rid.

Then wait two seasons to see if the replacement is any good.

The horror being a Villa fan.

Unless spending policy changes changing the manager won't really do much.

He cant keep being defended by this same point though, yes we arent spending and yes lerner and other are also to blame but that doesnt mean we have to accept dire football and players from lambert and losing at home every week to the likes of fulham and palace. This fulham team were rock bottom and have been for ages and they've beaten us twice reasonably easily. He has to go now, enough is enough.

Spot on.

New manager, same shit..

New chairman though...

We don't even need a new one, the spending restrictions just need to be lifted a little bit.

I agree our home performances have been dreadful this season but have been on the decline since MON walked out on us.

Today was always going to happen - it was inevitable.

From what I saw of the match (25 mins of the 2nd half) it was pretty open and we looked just 'ok' with the personnel on show but we still contrived to lose.

As for Lambert, today he was dealt a real shit hand - losing Benteke anyway, but then not being able to select Gabby, Delph and KEA due to illness/injury really decimated our midfield - hence playing 4 half backs (resulting in Bennett reverting to type - or should I say tripe).

I'm just hoping that the likes of Gabby, Delph and KEA can make it back for next weeks game against Palace.

Regardless of all the whinging by the fans and results on the pitch I cannot see Lambert leaving the club this summer - it won't happen. I note many often point to Lambert's purchases being shit and we should try the youth - but in all honesty, which youth player available for selection is going to make an impact?

Most of our best players this season have been PL's signings - Vlaar, Bacuna, Guzan and Benteke, Westwood and Kea to certain degrees - only Delph, who was already at the club has been arguably better.

I'm not defending Lambert but I'm not going to shout loudly to sack him either - it's too unrealistic, will never happen and is just counter-productive.

• Like 1

Spot on.

New manager, same shit..

New chairman though...

We don't even need a new one, the spending restrictions just need to be lifted a little bit.

Can you see that happening? I can't. We are now further behind teams than we were last year and need to do even more to progress. We will stick to the same plan for too long which is failing. Just as we stuck to the last 'plan' for too long.

I note many often point to Lambert's purchases being shit and we should try the youth - but in all honesty, which youth player available for selection is going to make an impact?

How would you know if you don't try it?

Taking away the fact we didn't purchase him but no one can convince me Weimann is the best option. No one. Has been awful for weeks.

Spot on.

New manager, same shit..

New chairman though...

This is my fear. Lambert has not done well (11th Home loss in the PL this season today), but I've just been looking through his total spend on transfers and it's laughably low - makes you wonder why he took the job in the first place.

Â