Paul Lambert

limpid

Way to go to completely ignore the point being made :)

I knew what your point was but I don't think it's as simple as that, not with the budget restrictions.

It's five part five, and after our 10th home defeat of the season, he is still the manager. You couldn't make it up.

Yup and he might very well be offered a new **** contract.

I hope the board now show some balls and get rid before he makes it any worse. God **** awful manager and completely clueless.

I'd much rather the board actually back him and let him spend a bit more on wages - that would be far more productive.

With budget restrictions, it makes good sense to spend money where you need it. 

I knew what your point was but I don't think it's as simple as that, not with the budget restrictions.

It's five part five, and after our 10th home defeat of the season, he is still the manager. You couldn't make it up.

I hope the board now show some balls and get rid before he makes it any worse. God **** awful manager and completely clueless.

I'd much rather the board actually back him and let him spend a bit more on wages - that would be far more productive.

He did what he could. Problem is he doesn't seem to be able to offer much in the way of wages.

But generally it doesn't apply to us right?

Just sick of fans trying to defend this moron anymore and trying to defend this result is in complete denial of how bad we've become under him.

I'm not so sure about that. I mean, we've lost to Fulham twice this season and lost to Palace when they came to VP in December. All I'm saying is that at this stage in the season I'd rather play a mid-table team with nothing to play for than a team fighting for its life.

Likewise, I'm sick of this black and white approach to Villa where everybody who isn't screaming about how shit everything is and isn't calling for Lambert to go is somehow assumed to think everything is fine.

Stoke weren't fighting for their life when they played us yet turned us over and your point is invalid as you can't chose who you play at any point of the season.

It isn't a black and white approach either as we've been shit under lambert for two seasons now.

Was told on here the football has been better this season than last. Bollocks.

It's not even good away anymore. That used to be the one jewel the manager had in his crown.

The board have given him enough to show that he can't build a squad worth shit.

But generally it doesn't apply to us right?

Just sick of fans trying to defend this moron anymore and trying to defend this result is in complete denial of how bad we've become under him.

I'm not so sure about that. I mean, we've lost to Fulham twice this season and lost to Palace when they came to VP in December. All I'm saying is that at this stage in the season I'd rather play a mid-table team with nothing to play for than a team fighting for its life.

Likewise, I'm sick of this black and white approach to Villa where everybody who isn't screaming about how shit everything is and isn't calling for Lambert to go is somehow assumed to think everything is fine.

Stoke weren't fighting for their life when they played us yet turned us over and your point is invalid as you can't chose who you play at any point of the season.

It isn't a black and white approach either as we've been shit under lambert for two seasons now.

Never said they were but they definitely weren't safe. Stoke always do well against us anyway.

How does it make my point invalid? My entire point was that on the whole it's better to play mid-table teams with nothing to play for.

It's more than that. If you go into the match thread after we've lost and try and give a balanced view point you just get shot down.

He did what he could. Problem is he doesn't seem to be able to offer much in the way of wages.

He did what he could - And it wasn't good enough.

Could any manager that we could realistically get do better?

And he really hasn't been helped by injuries.

Edited by Mantis

I know its Villa forever, but im fading for the rest of the season. I don't care "Gentleman" if Lambert has qualities/restrictions, we need a change next season, even if its a manager who buys a different type of player and plays different formations im afraid we need a change big time!!!!

Bollocks.

He has wasted money on players who should have been nowhere near the club and produced general results akin to his purchases ability.

Bollocks.

He has wasted money on players who should have been nowhere near the club and produced general results akin to his purchases ability.

Every manager makes poor signings. Problem with Lambert is that he's got less room for error.

Unfortunately two of the decent players who he spent a lot of money on this summer both got long term injuries.

Bollocks.

I agree that there are players who aren't good enough here, but there are also players he has signed that are solid, players that were here already that have improved and also players that could become better in the future.

I'm not sure if you were expecting every one of his signings to come good, I personally wasn't with the sort of figures being paid for them in comparison to our rivals.

Bollocks.

Agreed 100%.

He gets no consistency out of any of our players, even the decent ones, Benteke, Delph, Wiemann, Vlaar all have more off games than good. You just cant go from beating Chelsea to hardly competing??

Â