Paul Lambert

limpid

Lol, how could they NOT improve on last year ?, is that supposed to be taken as an achievement ?

That's like claiming a kick in the head is better than a kick in the balls!

Calling anything this season progression is truly the sound of desperate people who wont let the facts speak for themselves.

How could they not improve on last year? Well, they could have mirrored the year before last, for a start.

And if you claim we couldn't fail to improve this season then how can you regard anything as not being progress?

to me claiming an extra point or two is 'progress' is exactly like getting up from a double knockdown but claiming on the second one you only got one tooth knocked out

in what possible world would anyone else call this seasons continual diabolical shite progress with a straight face ?

to me claiming an extra point or two is 'progress' is exactly like getting up from a double knockdown but claiming on the second one you only got one tooth knocked out

in what possible world would anyone else call this seasons continual diabolical shite progress with a straight face ?

No, your analogy is more like conceding two goals and claiming the second one went in slower so that's progress.

A more appropriate boxing analogy would be that this time last year we were 3 rounds down on the scorecards with 3 rounds left and this year we're level on points but we lost the last round badly.

• Like 1

Lol, how could they NOT improve on last year ?, is that supposed to be taken as an achievement ?

That's like claiming a kick in the head is better than a kick in the balls!

Calling anything this season progression is truly the sound of desperate people who wont let the facts speak for themselves.

How could they not improve on last year? Well, they could have mirrored the year before last, for a start.

And if you claim we couldn't fail to improve this season then how can you regard anything as not being progress?

In the real world - not this fake world of I don't care about any problems the club had before lambert turned up, I want top 6, I want to play like barca and I want £15mill players.

The club was well and truly living in dog shit city, we had brought the penthouse. These are facts, we had slid down to the bottom of the ladder, we were rock bottom.

Is anyone really happy with where we are? of course not, but we have to start again, there is no other way out.

We have started again and are slowly building, that's why no matter how minimal the progress, it's progress on the long road back.

Deal with it.

• Like 2

Heaviest defeat in the clubs history

Two consecutive relegation haunted struggles

Record home losses

Dirge football

Knocked out of FA cup by league two and league one sides

Knocked out of League Cup by a league two side over two legs

Baffling tactics

ah, the sweet sweet smell of progress under Lambert.

Amazing we are still in the premier league then?  Lambert must be an awesome manager to have kept us in this division after all that

Definitely agree Cannock, a bollocking was all that PL could do at half time.

On MOTD2 it was shown repeatedly how ALL of our players were just not pressing the stoke players at all, they always had 10 or 15 yards of space.

That result was as simple as saying the players didn't press the ball, no one had a good game and going in two goals down followed by a bollocking made the players chase the game stoke acted professionally frustrated the players and they started fouling ALOT.

Not much more can be said about the game other than that, doubtless we will perform better against Utd even if we get no points.

Villan007 I agree with your point but I don't think MANY are saying we should be like Barca with 15m players bit over the top ;)

fact is shit had to be sorted, it has and is being sorted and IF he is given the same funds and if that is spent on 2 - 4 players things will get better year on year whilst that continues.

• Like 1

No, we've been lucky there have been worse managers and teams than ours.

Just because we are standing in shit we shouldn't be looking to smell the roses.

We have a few really good performances under him. The rest have been let's bore the opposition into defeat which has worked at times. For me he isn't good enough, shame really I had high hopes when he came in.

• Like 2

Lambert needs to go as he is not and never will be a be a Premier League manager. One dimensional, can't motivate, poor in the transfer market apart from 2 lucky buys.

Which two were lucky? Bacuna? Westwood? KEA? Resigning Guzan? Okore?

As you're happy to put any transfer success down to luck I assume you attribute any transfer failings to luck as well.

If that's the case I can see why you want him gone. Why have a manager at all? Let's just hire a rabbits foot horse shoe four leaf clover combination.

Edited by ArteSuave
  • Like 3

Lambert needs to go as he is not and never will be a be a Premier League manager. One dimensional, can't motivate, poor in the transfer market apart from 2 lucky buys.

Our squad must be ridiculously talented then if somebody who is supposedly not even a Premier League manager can have us floating around mid-table all season!

Edited by Mantis

I see a few people have come out of the woodwork to revel in our defeat and attack Lambert. Pathetic. We will respond from this minor set back, I have no doubts that Lambert will get the boys focused and back to winning ways. Keep building Lambo.

• Like 1

The fact we had not won three game in a row at Villa Park for seven years is hardly Lambert's fault. We have been crap at home for years. I don't think we should sack Lambert, I did for the record around Christmas time, not least because I literally have no idea who we could replace him with who would work under the constraints Lerner has set.

My beef with Lambert is I think he is just not as good as we thought or hoped he was nor as good as the media think he is. Yesterday the players pressed the self destruct button and kept pressing but Lambert literally had no Plan B. Albrighton in the middle? Sylla seemingly in some sort of AM role? Holt thrown into the fray to be another striker who gets no service (echoes of Bradford)? Why not bring on Clark as a DM to give a big physical presence in midfield which is what Stoke had? But hey I'm not the manager.

When Lambert gets it right as against Chelsea its a joy to behold, when he does not its horrific as we saw yesterday.

Having said that the players must shoulder a huge responsibility for the defeat yesterday. Pub football is being kind to them. Yet again it was failure to do the basics right and too many players just seem to go through the motions. Much as I love Gabby what does he bring to the side beyond an unerring ability to run into blind alleys. Weimann has been awful all season save for his goal against Citeh. I could go on. But and its big but the manager also has a responsibility to get the players playing in the right way.

I think we can safely conclude that the 'young and hungry' experiment is a failure. We desperately need some experience brought in in the summer.

Edited by Harry

Yesterday the players pressed the self destruct button and kept pressing but Lambert literally had no Plan B. Albrighton in the middle? Sylla seemingly in some sort of AM role? Holt thrown into the fray to be another striker who gets no service (echoes of Bradford)?

As has been evident throughout his time here.

It is safe to enter?

Hope Lambert gave the players the bollocking they deserved, absolutely disgraceful lack of effort from them.

You can sometimes accept a loss when there's been effort. I said afelter we beat Chelsea that we'd lose to stoke, just so typical.

I don't see how Lambert can be blamed for yesterday but I'm sure some will find a way.

I don't see how Lambert can be blamed for yesterday but I'm sure some will find a way.

By that logic, I don't see how he gets any credit for the Chelsea victory.

Because the players didn't make simple errors against Chelsea.

It wasn't a decent performance marred by a few individual errors though. Rather it was overwhelmingly abject from the 10th minute on and thus the manager gets his fair share of blame for it.

Because the players didn't make simple errors against Chelsea.
It wasn't a decent performance marred by a few individual errors though. Rather it was overwhelmingly abject from the 10th minute on and thus the manager gets his fair share of blame for it.

Lambert's decisions didn't cost us the game though, the players need to have a look at themselves as effort is the least a fan asks for. Yesterday's defeat lies with the players and not the manager. A loss doesn't mean the manager is to blame.

Â