Paul Lambert

limpid

I trust that it has been done this way because it had to.

You trust a board that hired McLeish to do things the best and only way possible? That's funny.

2 completely different situations. Hiring McLeish was a bad football decision. Yes I trust them on a business decision. Faulkner is a very good businessman.

You trust a board that hired McLeish to do things the best and only way possible? That's funny.

2 completely different situations. Hiring McLeish was a bad football decision. Yes I trust them on a business decision. Faulkner is a very good businessman.

Faulkner maybe a good business man, but running a football club is a little different than running a banks finances.

Theres a lot more to a football club than just running it as a good business obviously, and since faulkner has been at the club where have we finished? Think the stats and facts show on football matters hes absolutely clueless.

Oh we'll be breaking even, remind me to get the party poppers out when we're in the championship.

I wish we were more like Portsmouth. I hate my club for not spending beyond its means.
What a ridiculous comparison, so if the club didn't completely over-react and cull our high earners cold turkey we would have done a Portsmouth?

The club could have dealt with the high earners with a lot more class, the whole bomb squad scenario was completely pathetic added to the latest Hutton news, its embarrassing, it's not like Lerner doesn't have a pot to piss in.

I'm glad you have all the inside knowledge on the clubs accounts and what needed and didn't need to be done.

I'm not sure I wanted to keep any of the high earners anyway and I remember a lot of people saying they were glad to see the back of them.

What? Where have claimed this?

I've made just as much as an assumption, in fact less than, than comparing our situation to Portsmouth's.

You claimed it didn't have to be done the way it has. I trust that it has been done this way because it had to.

I didn't compare our situation to Portsmouth, it's just an example of spending beyond your means.

As is your precognitive and as is mine to think the opposite. Think using sarcastic remarks about me having inside information is extremely ironic considering your opinion is also based on an assumption about what was gone on inside the club.

Also using Portsmouth as a negative example of spending above your means is about as relevant as me using Man City.

Faulkner maybe a good business man, but running a football club is a little different than running a banks finances.

I agree, we need a football man in with him. I trust him on the finance side of things.

No idea if it's purely down to Lambert or whether it's a confidence thing...

Start of the game, we purely played it long (often a complaint on here); I think it took 3 seconds for a hoof from Guzan up to Benteke.  This is fair enough - playing to Benteke's strengths - but we can't only do that.  The first 15 minutes were insipid but, as soon as we scored a couple, we've mixed the play up.  It's on the deck a lot, some quick passes as well as some longer balls.  Much, much better.

I think a lot of it is down to having such a young and inexperienced squad overall. When they are confident they are on fire, when things are going against them they have no one to pull them out of the malaise and go into their shells with long balls and poor touches. 

Sorry guys great win, but makes no difference to me, actually frustrates me we rarely put out these performances. Lambert out end of the season!

Maybe a new manager can bring the team to be much more consistent.

I like that playing well makes "no difference" to you.  Once a hater...

• Like 3

Fantastic result and enjoyed it. He does manage to get something when it's just about to get bad.

Doesn't change my opinion of the awful job he's done so far. We needed that because we have a tough month to get through.

Edited by Big_John_10

Â