Paul Lambert

limpid

If Lambert has done so great with what he has got. Where has the performance and progression gone from the end of last season and the entertaining football we played against Arsenal, Liverplop gone. We have seen good football from this team its just Lambert has reverted back to concentrating on the defence thus sacrificing any attack we had!!

The defence did need sorting, to be fair to Lambert, and there were many on here that were unhappy with his record of building stable defences at other clubs. With Okore's unfortunate injury, it has meant we've been very over-reliant on Vlaar. Even so we have occasionally played good stuff when the circumstances have been right which gives me hope that next season with 3 or 4 better quality signings rather than the squad filler he has had to sign, the football will improve whilst retaining a bit more defensive stability. I don't think that's a giant leap of faith.

I cannot understand why people are shitting themselves and pressing the panic button 3/4 through our 2nd season with Lambert and currently 13th in the table?

Probably because we are 4 points off relegation and have had a disastrous slump in form which has seen us take 9 points from our last 12 games?

That may make it just a little bit more intelligible.

I'm not shitting myself or panicking about our current position. Briny's right about our current useless form, but my annoyance stems from the clueless performances that  are served up in the guise of Premiership football.

If Lambert truly believes that we're playing well and are just unlucky, then nothing will change and Championship football beckons. I'm not too fussed either way at the moment, all I know is that I can't be bothered to watch much more of the same old rubbish.

All teams have a slump in form, only 4 games ago west ham where in the shit and I thought they did not have a chance in hell of surviving!

And now look, they are above us! We will just have to pick ourselves up and go again.

11 games still to play and 33pts still available. We only need 15pts, or 5 wins to atleast cement our progressed mid table position for this season.

I am sure the team is not as shit that some are making it out to be, that the manager/team cannot muster up 15pts between now and May!

We will definitely have to give it a go in March to pick up atleast minimum of 4 pts from these 5 games, but I do fancy April grabbing 8 or more points from them games.

By the time we play Hull we will already be firmly safe imo.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

All teams have a slump in form, only 4 games ago west ham where in the shit and I thought they did not have a chance in hell of surviving!

And now look, they are above us! We will just have to pick ourselves up and go again.

11 games still to play and 33pts still available. We only need 15pts, or 5 wins to atleast cement our progressed mid table position for this season.

I am sure the team is not as shit that some are making it out to be, that the manager/team cannot muster up 15pts between now and May!

We will definitely have to give it a go in March to pick up atleast minimum of 4 pts from these 5 games, but I do fancy April grabbing 8 or more points from them games.

By the time we play Hull we will already be firmly safe imo.

we will be lucky to scrape 10 points between now and the end of the season

How about two good full backs instead of four very poor ones? How about one decent playmaking midfielder instead of Kozak? Or one decent midfielder instead of Tonev, Bowery and Helenius?

Yes because when he signed them he thought yes i’ll buy these they are shit.

Exactly, every manager makes mistakes on signings especially when in large volumes.

You also need to have at least 2 players for every position.

As I say, the man is doing a brilliant job with what he has to work with and to see the unclouded villa talk progress that the team has been made considering has been miraculous!

Wow. There's zero evidence to support this but well done for being enthusiastic I guess.

• Like 1

As I say, the man is doing a brilliant job with what he has to work with and to see the unclouded villa talk progress that the team has been made considering has been miraculous!

Wow. There's zero evidence to support this but well done for being enthusiastic I guess.

There's positivity BJ and then there's delusion???

And "Messiwillsignforvilla" what has Lambert done with this style of football that won us 5 out of 10 last season. Cause this is what the team are capable of!!

What period during lamberts reign has given you any indication that were capable of winning 5 games in 11?

Last season when we won 5 of our last 10?

What period during lamberts reign has given you any indication that were capable of winning 5 games in 11?

Erm, end of last season?

Thought people would mention that, we were extremely lucky and i will bet anyone right now theres no way were winning another 5 games this season. 2-3 max if were lucky.

I cannot understand why people are shitting themselves and pressing the panic button 3/4 through our 2nd season with Lambert and currently 13th in the table?

Probably because we are 4 points off relegation and have had a disastrous slump in form which has seen us take 9 points from our last 12 games?

That may make it just a little bit more intelligible.

That's my take too 

Â