Paul Lambert

limpid

It cost less than £3m to sign Tonev who is clearly adapting to a new league, language, and country. He's shown hints of ability but too often makes the wrong decision in an effort to impress. Ridiculous to write him off so early.

This instant gratification of transfer signings is just silly. If Tonev cost £10m, £20m, or even £30m, you'd make a better argument in terms of return of quality. He's a low risk signing and is obviously hungry to play.

Like with Kozak, a player brought in to take the weight of responsibility off Benteke and act as his replacement in case of injury or loss of form.

You cannot expect foreign players or those from the lower leagues to be instant successes. It doesn't always work like that. They go through periods of bad form, injury and confidence. It's natural.

Obviously Lambert deems them good enough or have enough potential to do a job at this club. There's an inherent gamble with every transfer and sometimes certain players will take longer to adapt. Not everything is solely the fault of the manager.

I wouldn't worry too much, petrov was written off after a few months and we all know how much he was missed.

My be completely wide of the mark but I think we agreed the Kozak deal before we knew Benteke was staying, even though we signed him a month later. Whilst that doesn't really make sense, it make about as much sense as signing Kozak. He's done ok and put himself about a bit. I'm not convinced he is the quality we need.

My be completely wide of the mark but I think we agreed the Kozak deal before we knew Benteke was staying, even though we signed him a month later. Whilst that doesn't really make sense, it make about as much sense as signing Kozak. He's done ok and put himself about a bit. I'm not convinced he is the quality we need.

There's no way we'd make a deal we couldn't get out of a month before we signed a player.

'So, we will try to win every game. I'm not going to sit back. I've not been used to that. We'll try to win. If we can do that with style, then great. If you nick the odd one by doing it another way, we'll take it.

'But there's too many people who come to Villa to watch - especially at home when there's 40,000 here - and I'm pretty sure they are not going to sit there and wait for you to take 40 minutes to get into the game and have your first shot at goal.

'They won't accept it. We will have to get the crowd going. That's what we will do.'

What Lambert said when he first joined. 18 months later and it was bullshit.

'So, we will try to win every game. I'm not going to sit back. I've not been used to that. We'll try to win. If we can do that with style, then great. If you nick the odd one by doing it another way, we'll take it.

'But there's too many people who come to Villa to watch - especially at home when there's 40,000 here - and I'm pretty sure they are not going to sit there and wait for you to take 40 minutes to get into the game and have your first shot at goal.

'They won't accept it. We will have to get the crowd going. That's what we will do.'

What Lambert said when he first joined. 18 months later and it was bullshit.

Most of its true.

I never thought BJ would be too optimistic on an issue concerning Villa but Helenius I don't see what you see he looks pap

IMO I think Helenius has looked very good from the glimpses I have seen from him. 

Lambert obviously doesn't agree with you.

A manager has a huge difference on the team. Everyone saying well who can do better? Im aware Southampton spent money but the change of style when they changed from Adkins has been huge, they look better for it.

Look at how crap Moyes is doing with this Utd team, Fergie destroyed the league with this exact team. Moyes doesn't adapt and neither does Lambert.

Billy Davies at Forest seems to play good football, Id rather we go the wrong with a positive manager trying to do something but we are slowly sinking with Lambert as it is. Id rather we go straight down the plug hole than be trapped swirling around it for years before finally slipping in it.

• Like 1

There's no way we'd make a deal we couldn't get out of a month before we signed a player.
After some of the deals we have done in recent years, it really would not surprise me.

3 points this weekend are an absolute must, otherwise I think I will have lost all patience with Mr Lambert.

The standard of football this season seems to be deteriorating with every match that passes, and we are slowly dropping down the table towards the danger zone.

I have a feeling that another home defeat on Sunday will see the crowd officially turn, and I don't see any way back from that.

I'm all for giving managers time, and for clubs to try to stabilise, but we're nearly back to where we started!

just interested ....why is that one game going to be the influence in telling you, what we have been watching for 2 years.

After some of the deals we have done in recent years, it really would not surprise me.

We're run by clowns but that would be a ridiculous.

ha ha...If you express an opinion without an example, folk say give us an example, if you give and example its cherry picking or a poor example.....its a bloody great cop out.

we have bought more poor buys than good ones and that is one of the main reasons why we are in the shit.....you get to a point where you can't keep funding poor buys.

don't ****Ing ask me for an example.

Kodak....7 mill

Hernandez...7 mill

Kompany....7 mill

MIchu.....2mill

Vidic.....7mill

Matic 1.5 mill first time

It's about value for money, we ain't getting it.

I really hope that's a typo...

But yeah, as others said, that doesn't prove anything. It's just cherry-picking. Kozak isn't even the best example to use anyway. He's hardly been a flop.

Whether he's been a flop isn't the point.  The point is that we spent £7m on another striker when the money could and chould have been spent elsewhere.

Actually that was the point.

Your point is correct, but it wasn't the point being made by TRO.

your quite right, and maybe i didn't make my point very clear to some....we buy too many players that we get nothing from.....irrespective of their cost to us.

I still have some hope in Lambert if he is backed properly this summer, assuming we stay up. I also think he's had a fair amount of bad luck in terms of injuries and players massively underperforming. And there are rare glimmers of hope in performances against Liverpool, the Baggies, and even second half v Cardiff. Having said that, Lambert has massively dissapointed me this season and fans have every right to be annoyed.

My word, this is a confusing season.

How much did Matic give to Chelsea when they got him for 1.5m? (as one of your examples)

I have not tracked the players life.....are your saying you wouldn't have him in our team?

its like i said in my earlier post you make examples in a few seconds and hope folk get your general point, you make examples to help your, point not prove it.....we buy too many shit players was my point....but usually when you say that, some come back with well we don't spend enough money, when bent @ 20 odd mill and zog at 10 mill  or curtis davies or one of your own better examples with a big spend have not done it for us.

we have just had too many of them in recent years..... we all know it happens, it has happened too much to us IMO

Â