Paul Lambert

limpid

Swansea finished 9th on 46 points last season, we finished 15th on 41. This season we're currently 10th on 27 points whilst they are 12th on 24.

Swansea also won a cup last season. There may not be a huge gulf between our two teams in point tallys and results in the league, but no one could argue that Swansea play much better football than we do, and with a few tweaks they could be a really good team and get some more consistent and sustainable success.

Laudrup just plays the sort of football I'd personally prefer to watch, and I think that brand of football is the way forward to be successful. Lambert hasn't had an easy task, but he doesn't play the sort of football I like and he makes absolutely bizarre tactical decisions, demonstrated perfectly against Everton. That's why I'd prefer Laudrup.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 4

I would take Laudrup for Lambert any day

Why?

Because he plays pretty football that doesn't get results

Doesn't get results?

Won a cup, 12th in the table, only three points less than us, and is still Europe. Who'd want that.

The injuries they have had this season have been ridicilous too. Europa League allways shred teams apart, it's nothing new

We're currently second to Arsenal in the injury table according to PhysioRoom ;)

But we don't have to cope with the Europa League right? And also Lambert has failed in the cups (with purpose)

Swansea finished 9th on 46 points last season, we finished 15th on 41. This season we're currently 10th on 27 points whilst they are 12th on 24.

Swansea also won a cup last season. There may not be a huge gulf between our two teams in point tallys and results in the league, but no one could argue that Swansea play much better football than we do, and with a few tweaks they could be a really good team and get some more consistent and sustainable success.

Laudrup just plays the sort of football I'd personally prefer to watch, and I think that brand of football is the way forward to be successful. Lambert hasn't had an easy task, but he doesn't play the sort of football I like and he makes absolutely bizarre tactical decisions, demonstrated perfectly against Everton. That's why I'd prefer Laudrup.

Blues finished 9th one year and won a cup. I just don't think if we're getting rid of Lambert and demonstrating more upheaval, Laudrup is all he's cracked up to be.

You all do know that the ginger one also won a league cup?

It's not a good argument

That is just an example of what he's accomplished not the be all and end all, almost every accomplishment in football could be dismissed in a similar way.

Blues finished 9th one year and won a cup. I just don't think if we're getting rid of Lambert and demonstrating more upheaval, Laudrup is all he's cracked up to be.

A fair enough point. I'm not saying we definitely should, in fact I know we won't so it's all academic, I was just stating why I personally would prefer Laudrup as a manager.

You all do know that the ginger one also won a league cup?

It's not a good argument

That is just an example of what he's accomplished not the be all and end all, almost every accomplishment in football could be dismissed in a similar way.

Because that's lumped into an argument that they're also in Europa. The football is pretty, no one denies that. But the end result is the same with swansea.

In the end, it won't matter who the manager is unless you up the funding. Just polishing a turd at that point

We wouldn't have got out of the Europa group stages should we have even been lucky enough to get there...Swansea waltzed through.

Shortsighted people thinking Lambert is the better manager because we are 2 places above them in the league. Duh!  :bang:

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 1

We wouldn't have got out of the Europa group stages should we have even been lucky enough to get there...Swansea waltzed through.

Short-cited people thinking Lambert is the better manager because we are 1 place above them in the league. Duh!  :bang:

Carling cup winners

Last 32 of Europa League

Michu for £2 million

vs

3 relegation battles

3 cup knockouts to lower league competition.

Hmmmmmm

bunk-the-wire.gif

Personally I wouldn't take Laurdrup here. I don't think our players, especially the midfielders are technically good enough to play that style. Just don't agree with some of the posts playing down what he's done at Swansea.

• Like 1

Â