Paul Lambert

limpid

What has disappointmed me in Lambert is that he seems to stick with his favourite players, and doesn't give chances for own youth players...similarly like MON. I can't believe that Carruthers and Grealish would be possibly any worse than "Atomic Strike" Tonev.

Thanks for the explanation. :lol:

What has disappointmed me in Lambert is that he seems to stick with his favourite players, and doesn't give chances for own youth players...similarly like MON. I can't believe that Carruthers and Grealish would be possibly any worse than "Atomic Strike" Tonev.

I don't understand this at all. If Lambert is sticking with his favourite players then how come Weimann kept on getting game time even when he was in bad form? Delph has been a stalwart in midfield for us whereas El-Ahmadi doesn't appear all the time and Sylla barely features at all. Likewise Helenius has got hardly any game time. As far as I know most of our youth players just aren't ready yet.

Tonev doesn't appear much for us anyway.

Edited by Mantis

For me, it is easy with the benefit of hindsight to criticise team selection.

I was at the game yesterday & I heard no complaints around me or in the pub beforehand when the team was announced.

I heard plenty of disappointment and confusion.

I don't understand this at all. If Lambert is sticking with his favourite players then how come Weimann kept on getting game time even when he was in bad form? Delph has been a stalwart in midfield for us whereas El-Ahmadi doesn't appear all the time and Sylla barely features at all. Likewise Helenius has got hardly any game time. As far as I know most of our youth players just aren't ready yet.

Maybe because Delph and Weimann are his favourite players? Tonev has gotten game time but not lately though, that is true. I'd say sticking with Weimann when was horribly off the form shows that he is one of his favourite players. Delph has been our best player all throughout the season so drobbing him wouldn't make any sense.

Seriously, lamberk, lamebert etc we heard them all last year & its just childish.

If you don't agree with what the manager does on the pitch fair enough, but were not in a primary school playground.

Surely Weimann's continued run in the team whilst in poor form would be evidence of lambert sticking to his favourites is it not?

That might, but there isn't really much else to suggest that he plays favourites. Lowton's been dropped, Tonev barely gets a game and on the whole he plays the players in best form. Even Benteke was dropped a few times.

Edited by Mantis

If Lambert walks this summer, I wonder if there's anyone suitable to replace him. I personally would like Bernd Schuster, at least he'd be something different than our past managers...with his insistance of playing attacking style, to the reckless quantities.

Seriously, lamberk, lamebert etc we heard them all last year & its just childish.

If you don't agree with what the manager does on the pitch fair enough, but were not in a primary school playground.

Agree . I find Lambo equally as bad though. As if he is a mate or close friend.

• Like 1

If Lambert walks this summer, I wonder if there's anyone suitable to replace him. I personally would like Bernd Schuster, at least he'd be something different than our past managers...with his insistance of playing attacking style, to the reckless quantities.

If Lambert walks this summer we're going down next may. Not because he's a works class manager, but because I dont think there's anyone out there to get Lambert's squad picking up as many points as Lambert himself. Just like nobody else could get O'Neills squad performing like O'Neill

• Like 1

If Lambert walks this summer we're going down next may. Not because he's a works class manager, but because I dont think there's anyone out there to get Lambert's squad picking up as many points as Lambert himself. Just like nobody else could get O'Neills squad performing like O'Neill

Not sure that's fair really. If Lambert leaves in the summer I don't think our best players won't be as good under the next manager.

Lambert ain't gonna walk. He might get replaced by new owners though. :)

Lambert does seem to have a plan which would entail him remaining with us for some time, and I cannot believe he would not have agreed everything, including spending, with Lerner, before signing the contract.

But I suspect a lot of questions will be answered this summer.

Sticks with his favorites?

Like Lowton his favorite last year, who barely gets a look?

Like how he "stuck" with Bennett last year, and luna this autumn?

It's more accurate to say he doesn't stick with who you think he should. So the only explanation is that HE is the berk.

Â