Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Depends whether it gets out. It's not the most contagious of diseases, but it is one of the most horrible for symptoms. Has been around for quite some time with no cure found, but when it was confined to a handful of people in Africa there wasn't much impetus to develop a cure or vaccine. 

I think the news are going a little overboard, but like any contagious virus with a high mortality rate, there's huge fear in containing it.

The benefit with Ebola (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong) is that the symptoms are immediate. It's not one of these where you can walk around infecting people for ages without knowing it. When you catch it, you go downhill pretty quickly.

It's annoying me how many people on social media are comparing how many have died from this to how many people die of obesity, lung cancer, etc.

I remember when Bird flu broke out I stopped eating chicken, I wasn't taking any chances. I don't see how you can stop something like this from spreading.

i think the whole thing is over hyped BUT its obviously got potential to be devastating. i think it will get contained pretty quickly now the west feels threatened by it, but this should of been stopped months ago but no one really cared then and i just hope we are not to late but as ive said im confident it wont spread much although we will have cases in the uk.

i think the whole thing is over hyped BUT its obviously got potential to be devastating. i think it will get contained pretty quickly now the west feels threatened by it, but this should of been stopped months ago but no one really cared then and i just hope we are not to late but as ive said im confident it wont spread much although we will have cases in the uk.

Thing is, going by news reports, the places it's spread in Africa would be incredibly hard to contain it in.

They're basically shanty towns. And people are ashamed by it so they try to hide the fact that they or a family member has it. So by the time anybody knows about it, it's too late.

At the moment its pretty controllable, its transmitted between people/animals via bodily fluid.

The main issue I see is the more people/animals that get infected the increased risk of a mutation into an airborne disease. And then your talking about something much more contagious with the lethality that Ebola has, and that's a pretty scary thought tbh.

Edited by jjaacckk91

Thing is, going by news reports, the places it's spread in Africa would be incredibly hard to contain it in.

They're basically shanty towns. And people are ashamed by it so they try to hide the fact that they or a family member has it. So by the time anybody knows about it, it's too late.

yeah also take into account the burial rituals that still exist over there as well its no wonder its spread but in reality your still unlikely to catch it even in those areas in west africa. there are so many reasons why its took hold over there and it will be a lot more difficult for ebola to have the same effect here as it would in those areas in africa. ive been reading a lot about it lately and its terrible but the virus has some flaws and its not the easiest virus to infect the world with, by the end of the year you might have 20 to 30k dead from it but compare that to other things like flu which kills over a million people a year. i think the potential is very dangerous but i just cant see it taking hold over in this part of the world, if you listened to the papers you would think the end of the world is happening with this and terrorism plus add to that these killer spiders that are running rampant(i have not seen one big spider yet)

Â