Morley_crosses_to_Withe

So Ebola breaks out, kills over 3,000 people in Africa, and it provokes only a half arsed response. Now that one person in the US has died from this disease there's suddenly an "urgent plea" to step up the global effort to contain the virus.

I don't know why a significant response wasn't established in the first place. I'm no expert in tropical diseases*, but I could have predicted that poor countries, lacking in medical facilities, and basic infrastructure would struggle to contain the disease and require an awful lot of assistance from the outset.

*I've played "Plague" though and this is how pandemics start. There's going to a collapse of civilisation and someone is going to make love to my beautiful dead body :(

So Ebola breaks out, kills over 3,000 people in Africa, and it provokes only a half arsed response. Now that one person in the US has died from this disease there's suddenly an "urgent plea" to step up the global effort to contain the virus.

I don't know why a significant response wasn't established in the first place. 

You don't? I think you answered that question in your first sentence!

• Like 1

why don't we simply parachute them all into Syria?

Tut - Silly. We have to bomb someone... 

How about ebola zombies parachuted into Syria, and giving the double dealing Saudis a jolly good Tomahawking?

Edited by Xann

Yeah but isn't he American? That's why he was getting loads of media attention, not because he's white.

He was a black Liberian visiting family.

I think he probably means one of those two doctors who contracted it and was treated back at Emory hospital in Atlanta.

Â