darrenm

give the guy a break his first game against a top side

clark and sendders have both been poor today. but sendders at least has been good in all games prior to this. clark gets an opportunity and does what he does best concede and make mistakes

sell him in jan

Senderos was "at fault" for the first goal but was simply the victim of a world class pass. Most defenders would be left looking clueless by that.

Clark's marking on the second was shambolic. Please don't compare the two.

But Senderos just left Ozil run right past him and then played an Arsenal player onside when he shouldn't have for the second goal.

I just find it strange that everyone is jumping on Clark while Senderos doesn't even get mentioned.

• Like 3

"There was a five minute period where Arsenal were devastating, but other than that Aston Villa have been the better side, they've created more chances and I think they're really unlucky to be going in at half-time 3-0 down."

no no no! We're shit and we're going down! Apparently!

• Like 2

Take out that four minute period if insanity and I'd be relatively pleased with that half. We pressed, we attacked, and we had a couple of good chances.

Unfortunately that four minutes happened. The first goal was down to great passing, but Clarke was horribly at fault for the second and the third was... well, I want to say unlucky because I believe Aly had to do something with the ball, I just wish it hadn't been that.

The second half performance is going to be really important if I'm to believe we've really changed since last season. Do we capitulate, or do we stand our ground and try to get something back. If we can mount a bit of a fightback then I'll be relatively happy, because that will represent real progress over last season and because I fully expected us to lose this match anyway. Come on Villa, impress me.

The first half an hour were the best we have played so far this season, some really good chances missed.

Clark and Senderos have never played together before and it shows. Clark is no doubt the weak link, I feel Senderos can get the benefit of the doubt after the last 4 games.

We're probably going to get properly **** at least another couple of times in the next 3 games, once those are over and we have Vlaar and Benteke back in the team, I think we'll still be on course for a really good season.

• Like 1

This is the first time in the league that we've got things going against. Time to see what this team is made of or if it's just all talk. The second half will tell us a lot - not expecting anything from the game but we need a performance.

Senderos let Ozil run right past him? What's he supposed to do? Bring him down? Suddenly become faster than Ozil?

Follow him or track the run, not leave him and then try to catch up.

Is it not possible that he got done by an excellent pass? Why does he have to be at fault?