Talk radio

Dodgyknees

What are the best talk radio stations? Ones about news, current affairs, good opinion. I want something with no music and less adverts.

Cheers :)

You'll probably be wanting 5Live or Radio 4 then. Or Radio 4 Extra on digital.

What are the best talk radio stations? Ones about news, current affairs, good opinion. I want something with no music and less adverts.

Cheers :)

You'll probably be wanting 5Live or Radio 4 then. Or Radio 4 Extra on digital.

This mos def. Anything commercial is

a) full of commercials and

B) full of presenters trying to be controversial, guests that are controversial and idiots on the phone being controversial, so people get wound up and stay listening to… see a) or dialling in on revenue earning numbers.

Stick to the beeb and stick to national beeb, parochial beeb is generally dreadful with the odd exception (Radio Wales is reasonable but it has a bigger budget than most)

• Like 1

Well I wouldn't listen to Alex Jones Infowars.

When I had a better phone I had the tunein radio app and found lots of talk radio through their search categories.

I used to listen to a lot of NPR and shows on specific conversations but you can access some stations that broadcast the same shows over and over again.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

Turn on Radio 4 now and you'll hear Sinead O'Connor being interviewed - She sounds like a bloke :blink:

David Sedaris was on earlier and he sounded like a woman.

Edited by coda

Podcasts are the best form of talk radio. There are hundreds of them on every subject you could possibly want.

I challenge you to find me one about bumming foxes.

Why?  Are you into bestiality or something?  ;)

I've looked at podcasts, I can't find many. I'm staying away from anything BBC related right now too.

I have beyondpod on my phone but nothing on there I stick to.

The problem is, anything I do find is full of annoying adverts.

I toggle between 5 Live & Talkl Sport* usually when going to/from work with the odd CD. Keeps me up to speed with events in the world

I never listen on the way home as Adrian Durham is a complete and utter word removed.

Â