Last 16: Sunday 29th NED MEX CRC GRE

limpid

Be interesting to hear a lot of the opinions on here if it was an England player :ph34r:

I'm sure it would be exactly the same, one half arguing vociferously that it was a dive and the other half arguing just as vociferously that it was a clear penalty, and neither with any chance of convincing the other side, but it would go on for pages and pages with lots of gifs and photos.

• Like 1

Be interesting to hear a lot of the opinions on here if it was an England player :ph34r:

I'm sure it would be exactly the same, one half arguing vociferously that it was a dive and the other half arguing just as vociferously that it was a clear penalty, and neither with any chance of convincing the other side, but it would go on for pages and pages with lots of gifs and photos.

Does that happen here then?

be interesting to hear your opinion if it was down the other end of the pitch and it was Vlaar on Dos Santos.

If Vlaar had stepped on his foot and then put his knee into him then yes, by the laws of FIFA, which modern, professional football is played by, you'd have to say, yes, that is a penalty.

I'd say it is a penalty, as you can see his boot clearly on his toes. Typically Robben does his utmost to make sure it's given though.

Marquez was foolish a couple of times with rash challenges in the area.

• Like 1

“I must apologise,” Robben was quoted as telling Nederlandse Omroep Stichting. “The one [at the end] was a penalty, but the other one was a dive in the first half. I shouldn’t be doing that.”

Mexico manager Miguel Herrera said: “Out of the four matches here in all of them the refereeing was disastrous,”

“Out of the four matches here in all of them the refereeing was disastrous,”

Openly admits diving in the game... What will be done? (I know the answer)

The one where he stepped on the guy's ankle, that no one has been discussing because there was nothing in it?

The one where Robben openly admits cheating. The other one, unsurprisingly was a foul in his opinion.