Group B: SPA NED CHI AUS

limpid

A fair chance I would think. The Australian team will fight hard in any game to make up for their lack of quality, and the manager knows what he's doing. Although they'll be missing Cahill.

Really depends which Spain turn up... a team of world class players desperate to claw back some pride, or a team that knows they're out and just wants to get it over and get on the plane.

First goal will be telling. If Spain get it, I suspect the game to really open up for them. If we get it, I expect Spanish heads to drop.

Since we have injuries and suspensions, I'm looking forward to seeing McKay partnering Jedinak again and both Bozanic (who I thought was excellent when on for Bresciano) and Taggart getting their first starts.

• Like 1

I thought Aussies would get trounced Tahiti style in this group but fair play to them they've been very competitive in both games. Still can see them struggling to make the next WC though.

It's Asia though. It's possible they'll struggle, but it's the easiest confederation to get to the World Cup from.

• Like 2

No way, North America is the easiest. 

Anyway, this Australian team was rebuilt after the horrendous qualifying campaign and 6-0 losses to France and Brazil. We have young players now who will have improved again in 4 years time. 

I thought Aussies would get trounced Tahiti style in this group but fair play to them they've been very competitive in both games. Still can see them struggling to make the next WC though.

According to Angie. P. this is our team for the next world cup.

If that is the case ( with a couple of exceptions like R.Kruse ) then I think we will do well.I think we have done well already considering the opposition.

Anyway, this Australian team was rebuilt after the horrendous qualifying campaign and 6-0 losses to France and Brazil. We have young players now who will have improved again in 4 years time.

I used to think that, but Mexico is better than any of the Asian sides for me and they struggled in qualifying. Plus North America has the US, Costa Rica and mexico in good position to get out of their group, while Asia, despite having its two best teams in weak groups, looks set to have none of their four and a half bids to the second round.

I used to think that, but Mexico is better than any of the Asian sides for me and they struggled in qualifying. Plus North America has the US, Costa Rica and mexico in good position to get out of their group, while Asia, despite having its two best teams in weak groups, looks set to have none of their four and a half bids to the second round.

Four and a half?

Four and a half?

Yeah. 4.5. Jordan lost their intercontinental playoff.

They still qualified, didn't they? The rest of CONCACAF are rubbish (on paper, anyway)

They still qualified, didn't they? The rest of CONCACAF are rubbish (on paper, anyway)

So are the Asian teams... (On paper)

• Like 1

Isn't North and Central America mainly 3 massive countries and then the rest small islands and countries with very low populations?

South Asia has massive potential but they just don't love the game enough, or at all.

So are the Asian teams... (On paper)

I don't know, I'm tempted to put the likes of Iraq, Saudi Arabia and North Korea above Jamaica et al

Edit: Come to think of it, maybe not. Jesus, biggest continent and we're sh** at football

Edited by legov
  • Like 1