Group B: SPA NED CHI AUS

limpid

regarding costa i think seedorf called it when he said that spain are'nt direct enough and don't play to his strengths whereas brazil do and he'd fit in their team better but thats scolari's fault.

What has happened to Casillas?

You can now see why Madrid's last two managers has decided to keep him on the bench for league games.

He has only become like this since he was dropped though.

2 years ago I'd have him level with Buffon for reliability.

He was dropped because he was starting to make mistakes. Mourinho spotted it early before everyone else. I guess because he saw him in close proximity every day in training. This reminds me of Zubizaretta in 1998. He had been a great servant for Spain, but was clearly past it. But the manager stuck with him and he made 2 big errors in the Nigeria game and they were out of the world cup.

Good point, Zubizaretta looked shot in 1998 and scored that horrendous own goal against Nigeria. 

Costa is really letting the crowd get to him.

You have heard what Brazilian fans have been chanting at him in both of Spain's games, right?

Yup. No excuse. Play the game. (imo of course)

will be interesting to see how the spanish fans tear these performances apart, casillas is **** obviously, and alonso who has kicked more opponents than the ball... but i think there might be a bit of flak and resentment coming costas way, he is the big change to this all conquering team