Honduras v England

andykeenan

Hoddle talking about what should have been done for month in terms of preparation for the WC. To be fair the team in 98 were good and unlucky not to beat Argentina. But I also remember the same team being destroyed by Salas in the last game before the World Cup.

These friendlies are all about dealing with the conditions and getting match practise.

not sure tbh, other than no one getting injured and barkley didnt see any positives tonight

sturridge should have scored 2 and i dont blame them for not playing at 100% with honduras' tactics but it was poor, dont think roy knows what his best team / formation is yet, he doesnt know what to do with rooney, hoddle was spot on, the movement was awful

''David Beckham this is the 1st world cup since 98 you haven't been involved in, did you know that?''    Huh he was in 98, I'm confused.

Beckham looking old these days with his big grey beard.

''David Beckham this is the 1st world cup since 98 you haven't been involved in, did you know that?''    Huh he was in 98, I'm confused.

Beckham looking old these days with his big grey beard.

He wasn't involved in 2010 was he?

Edit- Oh I remember he was a coach didn't he?

Edited by Avfc96

You can see the players are trying to play a more dominating / passing game, but we just haven't got the movement for it ATM. I'm most disappointed in Wilshire and to a degree Barkley. I thought these two were our secret weapon to influence a change in the game but they had little if no effect. Wilshire just constantly ran into people and Barkley had some promising (brief) moments but both had very poor movement to keep the flow. Sturridge didn't seem comfortable either.

My expectations for next week have taken a battering, "warm up" or not.

I agree about his potential, but do you not think he could/should have had a bigger impact on the game? He went too quiet to be a star(ter) just yet.

Whenever I see Wilshere I keeping thinking about the guy from Coronation Street David Platt as he is the only person who rivals him for a face you would never get tired of hitting.

del-jack-p-shepherd.jpg

• Like 1

I actually thought last night was ok, not spectacular but the best of the 3 games for sure.

We looked relatively solid defensively for a change which was the first time we've managed that in a while.

Going forward we created decent chances but didn't put them away, on another night it could have been a lot more comfortable.

Only criticism you can really have is that we weren't more clinical or maybe created a couple more clear chances.

Overall everyone looked a bit sharper so I'll call that progress.

Anyway soon enough the talking will stop and the little moments will have their say.

No idea how our group will go it's very tight in my eyes. I've just got a cheeky hunch that Barkley is going to score a screamer at some point.

Edited by villaglint

I actually thought last night was ok, not spectacular but the best of the 3 games for sure.

We looked relatively solid defensively for a change which was the first time we've managed that in a while.

Going forward we created decent chances but didn't put them away, on another night it could have been a lot more comfortable.

Only criticism you can really have is that we weren't more clinical or maybe created a couple more clear chances.

Overall everyone looked a bit sharper so I'll call that progress.

Anyway soon enough the talking will stop and the little moments will have their say.

No idea how our group will go it's very tight in my eyes. I've just got a cheeky hunch that Barkley is going to score a screamer at some point.

Considering Honduras had little or no attacking threat I thought we looked worryingly unstable defensively, Johnson had a shocking start, Cahill got a yellow for a poor header, Jagielka was doing his best to impersonate Wilshire by running into people and baines could have been sent off if the ref seen his late tackle on a yellow.

Very solid :unsure:

Off the ball in the final third we are lacking in movement.

You could see Wilshere becoming frustrated when he was trying to link up and drive through the middle.

Reminded me of whw villa are trying to break teams down, we just tend to do everything too quickly and inevitably lose the ball trying to force it through a tiny gap. We need more patience.

Welbeck is not a man who should be starting when we're trying yo break teams down, his lack of technique and intelligence means moves constantly break down. He's ok if we're playing on the counter though.

Â