Honduras v England

andykeenan

This is just like a pre season friendly really.   England are clearly much better than Honduras, but the players have just coasted through the game for the most part. I guess they are more concerned about not getting injured than going all out for the win.  

• Like 2

Defensively suspect, no cutting edge, bad passes galore, plenty of athleticism though....

A symptom of England's obsession with creating players who can go 100% over 90 mins to the detriment of being able to actually play football?

Against the top teams, in the heat, you're going to need to be fit if you can't keep the ball. Good luck with that one England.

Pretty poor result and mediocre result but it happens e.g. Germany 2-2 with Cameroon and Italy 1-1 Luxembourg.

Even Spain scrape past El Savaldor 2-0 with two goals in the last 20 minutes so either the big nations are saving themselves or they're not quite as good as everyone is tipping them.

Sturridge needs to be less wasteful in the world cup matches. You can't afford to miss those chances. Overall it was a decent workout. Barkley is an inpressive player but he won't start with him against Italy. No manager would to be fair..... Too much of a risk...

Lol we looked so shite

Couldn't even break down 10 man Honduras

The italians build their teams around their defence i can't see us scoring

If you are basing it on friendless then let's not forget that Italy drew 1-1 with Luxembourg! A team ranked 119th in the world!

Look, more overreactions.

Hardly, very poor these 3 friendly games, Italy and Uruguay are a whole different kettle of fish compared to the teams England just played against.
But they are friendlies. It's not like we just drew 1-1 to part timers is it?

Italians should be more worried.

Edited by Amo69

Hardly, very poor these 3 friendly games, Italy and Uruguay are a whole different kettle of fish compared to the teams England just played against.

I'm not going to be praising Honduras because they were pants, although I agree they aren't part timers. Sturridge should have taken his chances, Johnson is a very poor and Rooney (who is meant to be the so called English talisman) was AWOL once again.

As I said before, these games may be friendlies but it doesn't look very positive at all. Italy aren't doing well, I agree with you there too, but that doesn't make England any better.

I'm not going to be praising Honduras because they were pants, although I agree they aren't part timers. Sturridge should have taken his chances, Johnson is a very poor and Rooney (who is meant to be the so called English talisman) was AWOL once again.

As I said before, these games may be friendlies but it doesn't look very positive at all. Italy aren't doing well, I agree with you there too, but that doesn't make England any better.

True but I would rather us be poor in a friendly than when it counts. Sturridge would normally score and Johnson has had a good season overall.

Let's face it, this team isn't going to win the World Cup but getting to the knock out stages and giving us a chance to go far is possible.

Â