New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

If there was a touch more detail to the badge, I don’t know, a yellow trim to the circle or something, and getting rid of the star, I’d like it more.

It’s better than what we had, but I don’t feel like it’s a badge that particularly unites a majority of the supporters in some meaningful way. It’s just a bit nondescript. 

7/10, not really worth the fuss, but it’s settled. For now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

100% agree with MOMS… we didn’t have any great options. The two we had, were so creatively stale. Some of the fan made concepts were bold and daring and pulled it off, with hundreds of retweets 

this one being the best of the bunch 

aston-villa_20111127_1647547976.jpg

please no more squares!

just brings back memories of the lerner era.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, His Name Is Death said:

The old man needs to stop moaning and just accept the decision im happy. Its a great design. Could have been better bit definitely not that bad as some on here are going on about.

Looks nothing like chelsea either.  

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Whole thing was a foregone conclusion from the start, Purslow et al wanted the round badge back, so it's back.

More unfounded allegations and hatred to the ceo for no reason.

I take it you have evidence of this claim?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

100% agree with MOMS… we didn’t have any great options. The two we had, were so creatively stale. Some of the fan made concepts were bold and daring and pulled it off, with hundreds of retweets 

this one being the best of the bunch 

aston-villa_20111127_1647547976.jpg

Dunno about that one. Reminds me of the bonuses stages in Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2.

4 minutes ago, limpid said:

Source please.

The whole crest redesign process was littered with references to a potential round badge even before the fan survey had taken place. Images of the 1982 win were everywhere. I refer to you to this page for instance: https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/august/24/aston-villa-crest-supporters-survey/

The following paragraph is indicative:548528383_Screenshot_20221110-1838062.thumb.jpg.7e0f4a1300664d105f920e660c583667.jpg

I would also screenshot the header image on the link, of our 1982 triumph with the round badge clearly visible beside the trophy, but your website only allows a total file size of 300k to be attached to posts, so I can't.

Suffice it to say that the above are examples of how organisations attempt to position the option that is favoured by the hierarchy all the way through a "survey" process in order to influence the outcome. It's not hard to do. It wasn't very hard to spot either.

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

More unfounded allegations and hatred to the ceo for no reason.

I take it you have evidence of this claim?

You're late, limpid asked me first. I'll direct you to my reply to him above.

Edit: Actually, since we're discussing evidence, maybe you care to explain how my post evidences "hatred" for the CEO? That's a strangely black and white and extreme perspective to hold, and it's quite unhelpful on a discussion forum. I don't think it's appropriate to label everyone who dares question a club figure as being "hateful", do you?

Edited by est1874

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

The whole crest redesign process was littered with references to a potential round badge even before the fan survey had taken place. Images of the 1982 win were everywhere. I refer to you to this page for instance: https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/august/24/aston-villa-crest-supporters-survey/

The following paragraph is indicative:548528383_Screenshot_20221110-1838062.thumb.jpg.7e0f4a1300664d105f920e660c583667.jpg

I would also screenshot the header image on the link, of our 1982 triumph with the round badge clearly visible beside the trophy, but your website only allows a total file size of 300k to be attached to posts, so I can't.

Suffice it to say that the above are examples of how organisations attempt to position the option that is favoured by the hierarchy all the way through a "survey" process in order to influence the outcome. It's not hard to do. It wasn't very hard to spot either.

How on earth does this prove purslow got what he wanted as you alluded too 😂

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

So what did Purslow say? Or did you make that up?

Just now, Demitri_C said:

How on earth does this prove purslow got what he wanted as you alluded too 😂

It's not a scientific proof, herr doktor, as this isn't a laboratory, it's a discussion forum. The process as I see it from the very beginning suggests they had an idea in mind that they liked and wanted to steer the fans towards. Simple.

2 minutes ago, limpid said:

So what did Purslow say? Or did you make that up?

I never stated that Purslow said anything. I suggested that it's clear - as he kick-started this initiative and his fingerprints are all over it (just like the North Stand rebrand) - that he and the club hierarchy wanted a return to the round badge, and they got it. You asked me for "source" to back up my suggestion, and I've shown you how the official messaging is littered with 1982 references and even a blatant suggestion that the round badge could be better than what we have. All before fans were surveyed.

Despite it’s limitations, not sure I’m really getting the Chelsea comparisons. Their lion is more reminiscent of our ‘82 lion (although I know they had it prior to then). The lions look fairly different. Ours has a better hair cut now.

123042C3-419D-4CD3-9B6B-E2020AA7FFB9.thumb.jpeg.0d0726bacc442408a8c856250d2189d4.jpeg

Besides, presumably we could point to them having a lion as copying us in the first place?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I never stated that Purslow said anything. I suggested that it's clear - as he kick-started this initiative and his fingerprints are all over it (just like the North Stand rebrand) - that he and the club hierarchy wanted a return to the round badge, and they got it. You asked me for "source" to back up my suggestion, and I've shown you how the official messaging is littered with 1982 references and even a blatant suggestion that the round badge could be better than what we have. All before fans were surveyed.

So just supposition. I suspected as much. But you chose to write it as a personal attack.

Just now, limpid said:

So just supposition. I suspected as much. But you chose to write it as a personal attack.

"Whole thing was a foregone conclusion from the start, Purslow et al wanted the round badge back, so it's back" is a personal attack?

Interesting definition...

10 minutes ago, est1874 said:

"Whole thing was a foregone conclusion from the start, Purslow et al wanted the round badge back, so it's back" is a personal attack?

Interesting definition...

You've formed an opinion on the club's motivation and assigned it to a named indiviual.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, est1874 said:

It's not a scientific proof, herr doktor, as this isn't a laboratory, it's a discussion forum. The process as I see it from the very beginning suggests they had an idea in mind that they liked and wanted to steer the fans towards. Simple.

So basically as i said orginally unfounded allegations