$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I'm wondering if we are not sold by the start of the season whether Randy will come out with another one of his statements perhaps this time saying something like the club won't be sold during the campaign.

A long time poster on Vital Villa seems to think that he has information that potential new owners had been shown around VIlla Park just recently.

• Like 1

I personally don't think we'll hear from Lerner again.

no nor do I. Even though he still owns us - I think he ceased his chairman duties at the end of last season. Whatever happens now isn't on his watch

I personally don't think we'll hear from Lerner again.

no nor do I. Even though he still owns us - I think he ceased his chairman duties at the end of last season. Whatever happens now isn't on his watch

Agree, that last statement was his goodbye. He'll just be waiting for a sale now, I assume Lambert has been told what he has to work with for his final year of contract.

There is always a new owner beeing guided around villa park. Or a new player, or their agent, or a boa representative. But usually its just the cleaners.

I would rather that, than a new owner taking us to the cleaners

I've still got a great feeling we'll have new owners soon enough. I'd just be surprised if anything happened in time for us to make significant changes to the team before the start of the season.

I've still got a great feeling we'll have new owners soon enough. I'd just be surprised if anything happened in time for us to make significant changes to the team before the start of the season.

I think the boost alone would be worth a few points.

• Like 1

Yeah, that sure worked for Fulham :P

Good point. Goes to show a takeover doesn't guarantee survival next season.

I'd hope that nobody seriously believed that in the first place. Likewise, Lerner staying doesn't automatically guarantee relegation either.

I'd hope that nobody seriously believed that in the first place. Likewise, Lerner staying doesn't automatically guarantee relegation either.
It doesn't. But I do feel it increases our chances of staying up if we are taken over. Even if it's for the initial feel good factor that gets us an extra point or two. It's so tight at the bottom every point is crucial. Edited by Amo69

I don't think Fulham fans were that anxious to get new owners so when they did get taken over they probably weren't as relieved as we would be should we get new owners. In fact I think quite a few of them were sad to see Al Fayed go so not sure if there was much of a feel good factor in their situation. I'm sure some were happy and excited to see what would happnen but not to the extent that we would be should Lerner sell the club.

Obviously a lot of Villa fans are pretty anxious that we get new owners so if something were to happen regarding the Aston Villa takeover, it would probably give the atmosphere around the club a major boost which can help the players, I guess.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

QPR and Fulham both went down. QPR are back and probably stronger and wiser for it. Fulham will most likely return. Regardless of what happens at Villa relegation does not have to mean the end of the world.

• Like 1

QPR and Fulham both went down. QPR are back and probably stronger and wiser for it. Fulham will most likely return. Regardless of what happens at Villa relegation does not have to mean the end of the world.

Um firstly QPR have significantly more resources than us and secondly we have no idea whether Fulham will return.

Relegation is never a good thing, let's not try to rationalise potential failure here.

• Like 4

Um firstly QPR have significantly more resources than us and secondly we have no idea whether Fulham will return.

Relegation is never a good thing, let's not try to rationalise potential failure here.

Of course it's not a good thing but in my opinion looking at it from a long term perspective for the club. I feel it would be better to be taken over by wealthy owners, relegated, and come back up then still have Lerner in charge in 3 years time but have never been relegated.

Assuming we can get relegated and then come  back up again is a very dangerous plan. Sure some come back but there are a lot that don't. Much better to struggle in the Prem and rebuild within it..... plus for those of us that live in other parts of the world. Watching Villa on TV would be gone.... actually it has been torture watching recently so that might be an augment for going down!! 

• Like 4