$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

The appointment of Roy Keane suggests that there maybe an Irish connection here. The richest man in Ireland is currently Pallonji Mistry. If the name is vaguely familiar it's because he runs Tata motors. In turn Tata run Jaguar who are one of the biggest manafacturers here in Birmingham. it could be good.

It doesn't matter how much income the club makes, the owner is only allowed to put in £45m per year under FFP rules. He could technically invest more through other avenues like sponsorship or any other loop holes in FFP, but as pure cash injections, £45m is the limit.

Can people please stop talking about FFP rules. it is only a matter of time before it gets taken to court and blown out of the water. PSG and City know it and that's why they aren't bothered about it.

Football is a business and as a business owner you are allowed to inject as much financial support as you like. Simple as that.

Then why didn't they take them to court?

It doesn't matter how much income the club makes, the owner is only allowed to put in £45m per year under FFP rules. He could technically invest more through other avenues like sponsorship or any other loop holes in FFP, but as pure cash injections, £45m is the limit.

Can people please stop talking about FFP rules. it is only a matter of time before it gets taken to court and blown out of the water. PSG and City know it and that's why they aren't bothered about it.

Football is a business and as a business owner you are allowed to inject as much financial support as you like. Simple as that.

You've referred to the UEFA FFP rules whereas the poster above is referencing the PL FFP which aren't being challenged, and won't be, because they were voted in by majority and had the backing of the top flight's old guard (e.g. Liverpool, Arsenal and United)

They voted on not taking debts on, not what it is now about losses

I think with the Mirror reporting Lerner is willing to drop his asking price, something must be in the pipeline - we probably have entered negotiations and the new owners are playing hardball with Randy over the price, knowing he's desperate to sell.

For me it's looking positive - even the potential signing of Roy Keane as No.2. I know loads of fans who hate Keane, but players are different to fans and will probably look at Keane with a lot of admiration for what he achieved in the game - certainly mssrs Delph and Westwood could learn from him.

This disparate to sell thing doesn't add up AT ALL

He can spend 20m more this season and not spend a penny of his own cash

It seems Khaled Al-Baltan has stood down at Al Shabab FC. They have a new chairman in charge there (Wiki).

Khalid bin Sa'ad apparently

Yes. Looks like Al Baltan is serious about buying a European club.

Just as talk about Lerner targeting Middle-Eastern buyers hots up... :detect:

• Like 3

I don't think Baltan was the money man behind his club though, It's a Saudi Prince. If Baltan was to buy a club of his own back I'd think he'd most probably go for a Championship team.

Is he rich or the people he works for rich?

Linked with Prince Khalid bin Sultan who needless to say, as a senior member of the royal family has quite a bit of £££.

The appointment of Roy Keane suggests that there maybe an Irish connection here. The richest man in Ireland is currently Pallonji Mistry. If the name is vaguely familiar it's because he runs Tata motors. In turn Tata run Jaguar who are one of the biggest manafacturers here in Birmingham. it could be good.

That links to the Indian rumours too  :detect:

I don't think Baltan was the money man behind his club though, It's a Saudi Prince. If Baltan was to buy a club of his own back I'd think he'd most probably go for a Championship team.

One article said Baltan had a group of investors behind him. 

• Like 2

Is he rich or the people he works for rich?

Linked with Prince Khalid bin Sultan who needless to say, as a senior member of the royal family has quite a bit of £££.

Hopefully it is the sovereign wealth fund (SAMA) that are backing him.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

There has been suggestions that the Saudi's might be looking to buy a football club to put themselves on the map alongside the guys who own Man City and Paris Saint-Germain and with Qatar world cup coming up too.  If true maybe they'll look at Villa.

There has been suggestions that the Saudi's might be looking to buy a football club to put themselves on the map alongside the guys who own Man City and Paris Saint-Germain and with Qatar world cup coming up too. If true maybe they'll look at Villa.

Well FFP means they are too late for the party. I know everybody is sick of hearing this but it's true.

• Like 2

There has been suggestions that the Saudi's might be looking to buy a football club to put themselves on the map alongside the guys who own Man City and Paris Saint-Germain and with Qatar world cup coming up too. If true maybe they'll look at Villa.

Well FFP means they are too late for the party. I know everybody is sick of hearing this but it's true.

Not if you are willing to pay the fines

• Like 2

There has been suggestions that the Saudi's might be looking to buy a football club to put themselves on the map alongside the guys who own Man City and Paris Saint-Germain and with Qatar world cup coming up too.  If true maybe they'll look at Villa.

There was talk that a Saudi group had approached Lerner near the end of the season, and our VT poster from Saudi (abdulaziz1) said something interesting in this regard - "although I understand from what he's saying that there is a negotiations and it began during the season not only now". 

I doubt it will be like City's or PSG's big spending though, although it may depend if they can secure funding through big sponsorship deals to boost our income.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

Or get 100 million pound "sponsorships"

• Like 1

There was talk that a Saudi group had approached Lerner near the end of the season, and our VT poster from Saudi (abdulaziz1) said something interesting in this regard - "although I understand from what he's saying that there is a negotiations and it began during the season not only now". 

I doubt it will be like City's or PSG's big spending though, although it may depend if they can secure funding through big sponsorship deals to boost our income.

I suppose it would depend on who they are. If someone is looking to put Saudi on the footballing map alongside their neighbours it would probably take someone like SAMA who you mentioned.

• Like 1

Well we can run up a £105 mil loss and still be within the Premiership FFP rules. So add to some comical 100 mil per year sponsorship and we can get back up in the top 6 fairly sharpish. We'll get some extra revenue from tickets sales then too. 

• Like 1

Or get 100 million pound "sponsorships"

Amo is right. It's a nice dream for fans to cling to: that they can also find a super wealthy owner who can bypass the rules, but it's just unrealistic.

Forget Man City because they've had several years head start on FFP. PSG are recklessly charging towards full on exclusion and they will be the first club to feel the full weight of the sanctions unless they act fast.

The fines won't be an ongoing sanction for breaching the rules, exclusion will be the eventual punishment.

What moron would spank 100s of millions on players to get to the CL and then get prevented from participating in UEFA cup tournaments!? You'd immediately lose huge revenue streams and then fall further foul of the rules.

Related party transactions can be adjusted down by UEFA, so that it shows fair value. A £100m sponsorship created out of nothing to take your finances over the FFP 'line' can be re-evaluated for FFP purposes and attributed a correct market value.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe