$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Well, i think we've gone through the negatives enough, and discussed about Doyen buying young players and then churning them to make a profit.

Yes, because that was the entire MO of their business. Let's assume Doyen were a property company and replace the words "young players" with "cheap property":

Well, i think we've gone through the negatives enough, and discussed about Doyen buying cheap property and then redeveloping it to make a profit.

All of a sudden there is no problem and they'd be considered a good business by their detractors and it would be viewed as a positive. Also, why would anyone expect any potential owner not to want to make a profit with us? We are a business first and foremost.

We really aren't, almost no football clubs are. Almost none of them make a profit, yet people can't bear to see them disappear. That's not in any way like a normal business. 

We really aren't, almost no football clubs are. Almost none of them make a profit, yet people can't bear to see them disappear. That's not in any way like a normal business.

They really are actually. The fact that not many turn a profit doesn't change the fact that they are business that have the capacity too. Not to mention that most owners take them over with the intention to eventually benefit economically from them. Lerner for example believed that his initial investment would've resulted in Champions League football and the resultant windfall would've offset it. Just because it didn't work out that doesn't mean that wasn't his intention upon buying the club.

I'm still dreaming of some super-rich bloke to buy us as a trophy rather than someone who's there for the profit. I guess I'm naive in thinking that a single billionaire would not care how much he lost, and would take us to the top.

Really, all this talk about bringing in the best Brazil has to offer and selling them forward with a 500 % profit is even worse dilution than my dream of Ellison.

But never mind, all models can achieve success, even playing it cheap. I just want to see my claret and blue play.

I still believe. 

I just don't think Randy would be stupid enough to put out the statement he did if there was nothing in the pipeline. 

I know he's done some stupid things in his years here but this would be the worst yet. I don't think he released the statement to create interest, the BOA would be making it known the club is for sale to the type of people who would be interested in buying the club surely?

It's obvious he wanted out with the way he's run the club the past couple of years, he didn't need to put out the statement, which has left the club in limbo, it will just turn more people against him who maybe weren't before.

Edited by PieFacE

I still believe. 

I just don't think Randy would be stupid enough to put out the statement he did if there was nothing in the pipeline. 

I know he's done some stupid things in his years here but this would be the worst yet. I don't think he released the statement to create interest, the BOA would be making it known the club is for sale to the type of people who would be interested in buying the club surely? 

Yeah, I know I've said this before but I wouldn't be surprised if this latest patch of rumours had been put out by the club to muddle the waters while they're completing the deal.

I still believe. 

Yeah, I know I've said this before but I wouldn't be surprised if this latest patch of rumours had been put out by the club to muddle the waters while they're completing the deal.

I hope you're right. If we go into the season with Lerner still in charge and no fresh investment, Villa Park is going to be horrible yet again for another season.

I still believe. 

I hope you're right. If we go into the season with Lerner still in charge and no fresh investment, Villa Park is going to be horrible yet again for another season.

Also "Hide the lie into the truth", the info what Independent's journo got about 6-8 interested parties might be somewhat older info, maybe from month or so back.

Harris_normal.JPGRob Harris @RobHarris ·

Tevfik Arif has no interest in buying Aston Villa I'm told (following reports today)

Oh well. Thats that then. Fun while it lasted.

We go again

Neeeeext

Well not just yet. One journalist says he isn't interested, a couple of others say he is. God knows which are correct...

Edited by Isa

It crossed my mind that maybe Arif isn't involved in a bid himself but perhaps could be advising a certain group or person who are looking into making a bid. So could it be he's involved but not as reported last night.

Well not just yet. One journalist says he isn't interested, a couple of others say he is. God knows which are correct...

My money's on the ones who say he isn't.

My natural 'glass half-empty' disposition means I'm inclined to agree.

My money's on the ones who say he isn't.

I can't believe so many people thought this was goer - even if he wanted to buy us, there were numerous reasons why this would never come to fruition. 

Back to reality - no bidders for Aston Villa - and no I don't believe the rest of that article that there are six other interested parties. Remember when Lerner brought us ? - there were a couple of other interested parties\consortium - but these fell apart when it came to putting up the readies  

I won't lose any sleep if this guy isn't interested just hope that it doesn't follow that if the Independent Journalist is wrong about this then he'd be wrong about 6-8 intereted parties.