$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Even if there is no takeover?

It depends on how the summer goes. It's certainly not as simple as takeover = we stay up, no take over = we go down.
True. There could be a takeover and we still go down like Fulham did.
And there could be no takeover yet we could still stay up and do ok.
That's the thought I'm struggling with as you probably noticed ;)

So you won't even consider it as a possibility?

Ok of course anything is possible in football. I can just see us losing Delph and Vlaar this summer and the whole owner wanting to sell uncertainty surrounding the club will also have a massive effect. On the other hand they both may stay and Lambert may buy well this summer. We may also be a lot luckier with injuries next season and see better form from the likes of Weimann and Gabby.

Anything can happen I'm just expecting the worst based on the current situation at the club.

Ive just found out there was in fact one buyer around about 3 months ago who was interested. But eventually pulled out.

Not much, but still shows that RL has been on the lookout secretly for a while now. Just now he's gone public with it, it should hopefully attract a few more...

Any idea who it was Kev?

I'm starting to think that TBAR were half right with the Davis / Simpson takeover. Looking at all the clues, I think Simpson was involved, but with his business partner who bought him the Denver Broncos.

giphy.gif

Scorpio / Simpson - the way forwards!

• Like 2

Why do you expect to that when we didn't even enter the relegation places last season?

Because other teams will improve, as Big John said, we won't. We've already been told that there's less money available than the last 2 seasons. 

Also - no Benteke. 

We will start next season with basically the same team that gained 4 points from the last 27 available at the end of last season. 

I should make clear that obviously a takeover would change things completely. 

Why do you expect to that when we didn't even enter the relegation places last season?

Because other teams will improve, as Big John said, we won't. We've already been told that there's less money available than the last 2 seasons. 

Also - no Benteke. 

We will start next season with basically the same team that gained 4 points from the last 27 available at the end of last season. 

How do you know?

• Like 1

Only thing I'm holding on to is that in the past randy has run villa with very little leaks to the media on many things.

I think that a man with as many business links as he has will sell the club. Ideally all the I's dotted and T's crossed by early July.

I would disagree with this

• The new kits is all over twitter
  • We last seasons shirt sponsor before it was announced
  • We knew about culverhouse & karsa sackings
  • His managerial appointments of Houllier, Lambert, Mcleish we all in the media before the official announcement

I would pretty much guarantee will know the identity of any bidder in advance of the deal. Chances are you aren't hearing anything because nothing is happening.

Only thing I'm holding on to is that in the past randy has run villa with very little leaks to the media on many things.

I think that a man with as many business links as he has will sell the club. Ideally all the I's dotted and T's crossed by early July.

• His managerial appointments of Houllier, Lambert, Mcleish we all in the media before the official announcement

I would pretty much guarantee will know the identity of any bidder in advance of the deal. Chances are you aren't hearing anything because nothing is happening.

These two are unfair, as external people (factory workers, salesmen, retailers) all get to see these before they go public.

I agree with your last line though.  Sadly.

There's probably a big difference between knowing about the above and knowing about the ins and outs of a takeover deal. Sounds far fetched but I wouldn't be surprised if it's true what some people have been saying about false information being released to muddy the waters.

These two are unfair, as external people (factory workers, salesmen, retailers) all get to see these before they go public.

I agree - I wasn't trying to blame the club for stuff leaking out. We are probably no different to any other club in that respect. I just believe that we would get wind of a takeover well in advance of it being final

I agree - I wasn't trying to blame the club for stuff leaking out. We are probably no different to any other club in that respect. I just believe that we would get wind of a takeover well in advance of it being final

Afaik we only got info about manager appointments and those sackings day or couple before the official announcement, so I wouldn't expect sale being any different. If that law firm is doing the due dilligence, I'd expect something to leak out in pretty end of it. I am curious did anything leak out from Fulham sale last summer?

Afaik we only got info about manager appointments and those sackings day or couple before the official announcement, so I wouldn't expect sale being any different. If that law firm is doing the due dilligence, I'd expect something to leak out in pretty end of it. I am curious did anything leak out from Fulham sale last summer?

I can't remember Fulham - but the guy who is in talks to by Reading has been in the news over the weekend.

I can't remember Fulham - but the guy who is in talks to by Reading has been in the news over the weekend.

I guess we'll see how long it'll take to tie that up, even if it's true.

Also - no Benteke. 

How do you know?

Because we've been told we have very little money to spend? And even good players on Bosmans cost tons in wages and signing on fees?