$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

If there was a deal close to being done I would imagine the club and the higher ups would be extra extra careful not to let any leaks out on who the buyer might be.

Sadly for them, we have trees in our arsenal.

The Rich machine out to NY at lunchtime.

The lawyers remain...........

Surely just had a look around? Fact the lawyers remain is good.

IF he is looking at Villa Folski, it does indeed. The fact the lawyers are still here proves to be a positive whoever they are looking at. 

I am thinking it has to be looking through the books or getting paperwork sorted to get a deal in place. Cannot see why M and S (not the shop) are still in town if Bob was not interested in something.

Assuming the two (BR and M and S) are indeed linked and given the connections between the Lerners and the Rich's then it would suggest something is going on. You wouldn't fly your US lawyers over to take a quick look, they'd be here for some on site Due Diligence. Most FDD or LDD these days can be done remotely given technology but when you're paying up to £200m for a company you would probably want your legal and commercial teams to take a good look round to see where any potential issues might be.

As far as i am aware there is still no direct link between BR and the lawyers (or am i wrong). The big news would be if anyone unearthed a client/lawyer relationship here between the two. Even then we know the BR has a facility nearby and so it could be something internal(although flying in lawyers from the US suggests something big happending).

If there was a deal close to being done I would imagine the club and the higher ups would be extra extra careful not to let any leaks out on who the buyer might be.

Sadly for them, we have trees in our arsenal.

Wenger can bugger off, TheTrees is ours!

• Like 1

Lambo being interviewed by Pat Murphy, plenty on the takeover: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27485242

I am respecting Lambert all the more for what he says. He clearly cares about his job and the club. I'd like to give him 12 months with a fully fit squad (tin hat on)

I also believe him when he says there is nothing imminent from what Randy has told him, so there could be interest but nothing close enough for it to happen fora good few months..

Lambo being interviewed by Pat Murphy, plenty on the takeover: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27485242

I am respecting Lambert all the more for what he says. He clearly cares about his job and the club. I'd like to give him 12 months with a fully fit squad (tin hat on)

I agree. 

There will be many who won't though.

Seconded, we could do a lot worse in the interim. He'll have to go along way to get most fans back around though! Plus his record to any new owner looks awful in the cold light of day...

I think lambert is playing a clever game he states we need quality which we do bigtime he also said near end of season they wont be cheap. Could this be to get us on side and steer the flack to lerner. This situation could infuriate lerner who in turn might just sell the club to anyone who wants it. I want yhe club sold but we need direction and a forward thinking plan. Aston villa are massive in terms oc everything bar the playing staff.

No, no - they even tell people in different departments who are right down the food chain.

Actually, I'm sitting on a bench facing the main Bank of America ML building now - I'll ask people who come out what they know because it's such common knowledge within the firm.

Are we happy with this Rich fella? He has 3 billion plus possibly more backers.

Owning the Buffalo Bisons are hardly inspiring. They are not in the big time I understand?

Are they successful/well run since he bought them?

Edited by KSV

It's the idea of backers I'm interested in. Seems like an awful cheek on his part to ask for backers when he's a rich man himself, or maybe it would be a co-ownership type thing. Unless they're a different type of backer.

I've got a feeling his being at Birmingham Airport yesterday was just a coincident though.

No, no - they even tell people in different departments who are right down the food chain.

Actually, I'm sitting on a bench facing the main Bank of America ML building now - I'll ask people who come out what they know because it's such common knowledge within the firm.

Ok then.

I was merely responding to someone saying someone from SSN or another reporter would have spotted Rob Rich looking around but you carry on.

N82RP_BHX_2014.05.20.jpg

And off they went to Teterboro

Parked in a non-standard position, away from prying eyes. Multiple pax and a number of bags.

Probably completely unrelated ;)

*gratuitous picture of aeroplane, taken at 1220

Edited by thetrees
  • Like 2

N82RP_BHX_2014.05.20.jpg

Parked in a non-standard position, away from prying eyes. Multiple pax and a number of bags.

That jet looks too small for my liking.

I was hoping our new owners would have one at least twice the size of that if I'm honest.

People on that jet OUT.

• Like 3

N82RP_BHX_2014.05.20.jpg

*gratuitous picture of aeroplane, taken at 1220

If you zoom in you can see Jack Woodward in the fifth window sipping a G&T.

• Like 1