$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I have said for a few seasons when people said Randy should sell straightaway that nobody is buying football clubs anymore and by what looks like a lack of interest in Villa I think that is the case

Anyone know why Newcastle havent found a buyer after all this time? Is it because pie man is looking to much?

I don't think he's really selling Newcastle, it's too good marketing tool for Ashley, also he probably loves to troll Newcastle fans.

I think if Lambert was to go we would put Cowans or someone like that in charge in a caretaker role. Like after O'Neill. And to be honest I think that might work, especially with Cowans, as what we'll need in that time - end of preseason, first few games, is someone who knows the club and, crucially perhaps, knows the youth setup and can bring a few of the younger players in to cover injuries. Even if results weren't great I think a temp manager with that approach would be appreciated by the fans, rather than, as someone suggested, a journeyman.

But. Lambert hasn't gone anywhere.

We haven't been sold.

So it's all hypothetical and about as relevant as the last 200 pages of this thread....

Hasn't Cowans expressed his dislike at working with the first team, if I recall correctly he would much rather work with the youth team.

Why would we put Sid in the uncomfortable position of pressuring him to take on a role (albeit temporarily) that he does not want? It makes sense for Lambert to stay put no matter how close a takeover is, why sack him now before everything is sorted and there is still a possibility that any potential deal might fall through? Look at what happened to McDermott at Leeds. 

Anyone know why Newcastle havent found a buyer after all this time? Is it because pie man is looking to much?

Or Everton a side consistently finishing around the top 6 spots never seem to find a buyer

I think if Lambert was to go we would put Cowans or someone like that in charge in a caretaker role. Like after O'Neill. And to be honest I think that might work, especially with Cowans, as what we'll need in that time - end of preseason, first few games, is someone who knows the club and, crucially perhaps, knows the youth setup and can bring a few of the younger players in to cover injuries. Even if results weren't great I think a temp manager with that approach would be appreciated by the fans, rather than, as someone suggested, a journeyman.

But. Lambert hasn't gone anywhere.

We haven't been sold.

So it's all hypothetical and about as relevant as the last 200 pages of this thread....

Hasn't Cowans expressed his dislike at working with the first team, if I recall correctly he would much rather work with the youth team.

Most of the first team are kids, whats the difference?

Edited by Nigel

The Rich machine out to NY at lunchtime.

The lawyers remain...........

What could that possibly mean!

If McLaughlin and Stern are still here then that has to be a positive in my view If Bob wasn't happy (if it is Villa he is looking at) the lawyers would be flying back too. Instead to me, its a case of they are looking over the books and trying to sort something out.

Thats my view but lets see. Believe it when you see it gang.
Edited by mini_beest

I find it strange that Lerner would take a risk not signing existing players on new contracts - surely they are assets you would want to keep and make the club more valuable?

And if there is a new contract embargo then why buy new players on presumably larger wages, does that not also present risk?

What could that possibly mean!

If McLaughlin and Stern are still here then that has to be a positive side personally. If Bob wasn't happy (if it is Villa he is looking at) the lawyers would be flying back too. Instead to me, its a case of they are looking over the books and trying to sort thing out.

Thats my view but lets see. Believe it when you see it gang.

Thats if they both have anything to do with each other.

I find it strange that Lerner would take a risk not signing existing players on new contracts - surely they are assets you would want to keep and make the club more valuable?

And if there is a new contract embargo then why buy new players on presumably larger wages, does that not also present risk?

Especially Delph. You spend 8million on the kid, he now starts showing his potential and you risk losing him for nothing.

• Like 1

Thats if they both have anything to do with each other.

Agreed Silkh, it is all specualtion at the moment and it is difficult to say who's in for who. But bit strange the firm he is rumoured to use for his dealings has also lands in town.

Mate I am like you, I'll believe it when I see it

Surely just had a look around? Fact the lawyers remain is good. 

IF he is looking at Villa Folski, it does indeed. The fact the lawyers are still here proves to be a positive whoever they are looking at. 

I am thinking it has to be looking through the books or getting paperwork sorted to get a deal in place. Cannot see why M and S (not the shop) are still in town if Bob was not interested in something.

Edited by mini_beest