$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Doubt it. The future of Lambert it tied up with the takeover one way or another. The other two hardly warrant a Club Announcement at this stage.

The only thing that matters is the takeover, and I very much doubt the club would sack Lambert or make statements about anything until it's done.

Lerner wouldn't get involved in Lambert's future IMO. Lambert will be manager when new owners come in unless they specifically have their own guy lined up and have asked for the road to be cleared to bring him in. Lerner will sell the club with Lambert as manager, and it would be the new owners first decision to make.

AY LADS, AV I DISCOVERED SOMETHING HERE??????!!!!!!

I was obviously banging on about Joshua Harris the other day after the Matt Law link, well i checked his Forbes account on that day, did research on him and he had a consortium backing him. BUT HE WAS WORTH $2.9BN.

I've just looked again and as of today, with no red decrease on his wealth he's worth $2.5BN, has he made a large purchase maybe????

http://www.forbes.com/profile/joshua-harris/ it's **** this guy i just know it!

UPDATED THIS MORNING!

EMBARGO AND HE'S BOUGHT US IMO

His worth wouldn't go down after buying Villa though, would it? He'd now have a new asset that would be part of his calculated net worth. The figures on Forbes don't equate to the amount of cash in a billionaire's bank.
Yes i know that, maybe he's transferred funds but has not officially had the club handed over yet? Bank of America holding the money for example? Who knows it's just odd for it to drop 400$m since march 2014 without forbes recording a loss? When wealth goes down it always has a red arrow with the amount, but it doesn't

Hope you're right buddy :)

You've done some great research and are basing your speculation on facts. Keep it up.

Cheers mate, he lives in NY too so very feasible he could be a rich associate of Randys and would also make sense as to why Lambert went to NY rather than Lerner coming her etc

Question for the financial people here - if we are indeed waiting for the NY stock exchange to open before making an announcement , does that suggest good news or bad news?

If the news was 'the takeover deal we had lined up has fallen through', would that be better announced when the exchange is closed?.. I don't really understand shares and stuff..

Lerner wouldn't get involved in Lambert's future IMO. Lambert will be manager when new owners come in unless they specifically have their own guy lined up and have asked for the road to be cleared to bring him in. Lerner will sell the club with Lambert as manager, and it would be the new owners first decision to make.

If the new owners have told Lerner and Lambert that they're not keeping him, Lerner might've invited Lambert for the last meeting. Lerner is the kind of man who appreciates loyalty and doing this properly so he might feel that he owes Lambert at least that for sticking in Villa and not going to the press.

Question for the financial people here - if we are indeed waiting for the NY stock exchange to open before making an announcement , does that suggest good news or bad news?

If the news was 'the takeover deal we had lined up has fallen through', would that be better announced when the exchange is closed?.. I don't really understand shares and stuff..

Afaik if it's bad news, they announce it after the stock exchange has closed so reaction wouldn't necessarely be so bad, but if it's good news they want to announce it when stock opens if the stock value raises. Aston Villa isn't on stock exchange so it doesn't matter for us.

So, that would suggest that the news would be a consortium who is on the stock exchange have purchased us.. The positive reaction of that on the company's share value is the reason for waiting for it to open?

That rules out any dodgy indian buyers IMO (if the 2.30pm GMT announcement is correct)

where has the rumour come from about 2:30 announcement? twitter bull$h!t?

Daily Star sportswriter.

Dave Armitage @davearmitage7 4h

No leaks/statements on Villa's New York thinktank with Lerner, Lambert and Faulkner until 2.30 Monday absolute earliest #avfc

Aston Villa writer at the Express & Star.

Nick Mashiter @nmashiter_star 2h

and, while I'm here, don't expect anything official over the weekend from #avfc. Monday should be fun though.

Surely all individuals with that sort of cash would have companies on the stock exchange. Even the Man City Arabs have various oil companies and other businesses who's shares would have been influenced by the acquisition of a big football club?

Let's say, for example , that it is Ellison. Would him purchasing a Premier League Football Club not influence the share prices in his major company (Oracle?)

If It's anything to do with the New York stock exchange I'd presume it would mean that the person buying us owns a company with share listed on it.

Any NFL, NHL, MLS OR NBA teams on it?