$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I refuse to believe we won't be sold over the summer. Lerner isn't thick, he knows we need the investment in the summer.

By the end of July (which is an annoying wait) we will have new owners 100%. That gives about a month to bring in new faces for the season.

Hopefully that's enough time.

Also, I think i'm in the minority but I want to see Albrighton leave

Edited by avfcwills10

Although the press have in general been poor at guessing how much transfer money Lerner will provide. Lerner was supposed to have £10m in his first window then had zilch, for example. Most likley small fees and extensive use of loans

Lerner knows he has to spend at least a fair amount to protect his investment and ensure that he gets the figure he wants when the club is eventually sold.

Finally caught up with you guys for the day!

So, nothing's happened.

My wife had a baby.
Was it as stressful as supporting the Villa?

My missus was in labour for 27 hours. I still can't believe she bled that much without dying. Women are superhuman. I reckon we make the next Villa owner a woman.

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 1

Also Lambert's good job with the financial side of things means we're not blowing 20 odd million on wages, which probably helps give him some extra pennies to spend. It's not important though.

That article states Lerner is unhappy with how many players that have been bought by Lambert who arnt playing.They might be cheap but if they not playing they still a waste of resource.

So there you go just about every reputable news outlet States there's no buyer and we're in limbo. But instead the majority on here state that it's obviously one big smoke screen and LLerner is going to sit surprise Here's larry ellison, tom hanks, Prince am William and Nigel Kennedy to make us bigger than barcelona and apple combined and we are going to rule the world

All this because Lerner "can't" be stupid enough not to have a buyer already and is so obvious we are already sold?

Sorry lads face facts we are in a mess with no interested parties yet, when we get one who knows what they'll be like and by the time we get them we may well be on course for a stay in the championship

Since when has press gotten -anything- right about our club? Their hit/miss ratio is probably like 1% hit 99% miss.

all sounds utter arse to me, why would Lambert bother to even hint at an announcement then make the announcement if the club wasn't a fair way down the line of being sold.

he could drum up interest privately without risking looking even more of a bell end

Since when has press gotten -anything- right about our club? Their hit/miss ratio is probably like 1% hit 99% miss.

all sounds utter arse to me, why would Lambert bother to even hint at an announcement then make the announcement if the club wasn't a fair way down the line of being sold.

he could drum up interest privately without risking looking even more of a bell end

Exactly, it doesn't make any sense even with Lerner's trackrecord.

I think if we ain't sold and big bucks spent before the season starts we will be in a heap of shit and playing in the championship 15/16 season :( .

Onto the Lambert side of things I'm not a fan of Lamberts skills as a manager however who else would be crazy enough to fill his shoes the moment with all this shit going on.

Listen! Lerner and his merry men would not state they have a buyer due to confidentiality and also in case that buyer drops out. The press are been fed bull at the moment until the sale is tied up. It was not long ago Faulkner was claiming Lerner is still 100% with AVFC and he wasn't interested in selling and we know that was *******S.

I imagine AVFC is 95% sold and Lerner has invited Faulkner and Lambert out to explain the next process.

• Like 2

My mate who works as an auditor for Delloite in London (He's a baggies fan but not really that interested in football) just text me saying 'apparently someone Ronald Pearlman is buying Villa'. 

Googled the name and I think he must have meant a chap called Ronald Perelman, lives in New York apparently. 

Haven't a foggiest if this is true or complete crap but he said someone at work told him. Not ITK don't think he knows what he's on about tbh

Lerner had to make a statement because of the mounting pressure.

If he had a buyer he would have told us.

Give it up will you

as much as i don't want to admit it i think there's something in this. His hand was forced statementwise.