Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

So you think Richardson is dreadful?

I don't think he's particularity good, no. He's alright. He will have a few good games and he will have plenty of shockers too. Better than Luna and Bennett....but that's not saying much really. 

Jesus christ. The team we're assembling is just awful.

It's almost as though you've never seen him play or know nothing of our circumstances.
Ah because obviously anyone who doesn't deem in a "good player" as you do must therefore have not seen him play. Well I have seen him plenty and he his decent offensively but very suspect defensively. I like defenders who can actually defend but that's just me.

Would you describe him as awful? Because I've never heard anyone describe him as that before he was linked with us today.

Baulk of any transfer pot?  People you do realise that any money he has been given includes salary?

So lets Say Senderos at 30K pw is 3.1m over two years

Cole 40K is 4.1M same timescale

Richardson 30K similar time period another 3.1M

So far thats 10.3M how much do you think Lambert got?  If its 10m thats it right there and then unless he sells someone.

I don't think he's particularity good, no. He's alright. He will have a few good games and he will have plenty of shockers too. Better than Luna and Bennett....but that's not saying much really.

Fair enough. So we're not assembling an "awful" squad then. We're assembling an "alright" one?

Baulk of any transfer pot?  People you do realise that any money he has been given includes salary?

So far thats 10.3M how much do you think Lambert got?  If its 10m thats it right there and then unless he sells someone.

Surely the wages given won't be anywhere near those that you've stated?

Would imagine it would be 15k for Senderos, 25k for Cole and 20k for Richardson

Im happy with this signing. A solid player who will contribute going forward much more than Bertrand and Luna. I wouldn't say hes worse defensively either. Improvement on last year.

Ok i'll go with the 1M a year contracts.  they each have two years and lets even say richardson,  having snubbed other premier league clubs,  is also prepared to accept only 20K pw for a 1M yearly contract for two years (as implausible as that is)

Thats 6M there in salary.  Doesnt leave lambert much does it for the much vaunted midfielder we all say he needs

Fair enough. So we're not assembling an "awful" squad then. We're assembling an "alright" one?

No I think we're assembling an awful squad. As I said in my previous post, I think we're going to really struggle next season, I don't think the signings we've made have improved us much at all, if at all. I think if you look at our squad, it's extremely poor. Signing Richardson doesn't change that. 

No I think we're assembling an awful squad. As I said in my previous post, I think we're going to really struggle next season, I don't think the signings we've made have improved us much at all, if at all. I think if you look at our squad, it's extremely poor. Signing Richardson doesn't change that.

The logic that signing an alright player doesn't improve an "awful" squad doesn't sit right with me. It's probably best we agree to disagree?

You don't know any of what you're saying, including what Lerner said Lambert has available, to be fact. In fact, you seem to be making a lot of it up. What's worse, I think you're hugely oversimplifying our finances. We've also lost albrighton, Bowery and Helenius from the wage bill, not to mention the players we've moved on over the last few years. Maybe we've got space on the wage bill now? I don't know. Do you know? Do any of us?

• Like 1

Ok i'll go with the 1M a year contracts.  they each have two years and lets even say richardson,  having snubbed other premier league clubs,  is also prepared to accept only 20K pw for a 1M yearly contract for two years (as implausible as that is)

Thats 6M there in salary.  Doesnt leave lambert much does it for the much vaunted midfielder we all say he needs

Why do you count their second year of wages in this season's budget? Do you not think you're on a bit of a mission right now?

• Like 2

Well even though I think you're wages are out how do you know the timescale of the budget? Never mind how do you know the budget. Now I know on FM you can move you kitty about but I'm not sure if that's the case in real life. We may have wage bill ceiling hence Lambert wanting to get rid of a few but that's common sense. By your logic if we had a player on £50k a week with. 4 years left and sold him for £5m we'd have £15m to spend so I doubt if that's the way it works! I've no idea what the kitty is our how it's likely to be spent but ultimately we have signed 2 players and hopefully a 3rd who will improve our squad ill let Lambert worry about the money.

• Like 1

Our squad depth isn't the best hence the recent additions but the 1st team IMO is top 10 at the minute.

Baulk of any transfer pot? People you do realise that any money he has been given includes salary?

So far thats 10.3M how much do you think Lambert got? If its 10m thats it right there and then unless he sells someone.

Your maths are off Richard. A £10m transfer fund for this year would include only this years wages. So based on your numbers we've spent £5.15m

Another £5m of £10m left, but reports are that we've now got a total of £15m. So £10m left without sales.

I'd also doubt the players are on the wages you mention, maybe 20% less... So we're at £4m gone of £10m, possibly £15m.

That's alright business

• Like 1

Isaac Cuenca 23 realesed Barcelona, attacker/ winger, young and free, plus could make luna feel more at home... 

not sure with deportivo calling he'd be interested though, but think I'd rather him the bendtner ..

Edited by Kbdrum88