Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

So if Chelsea came in for Benteke (unlikely) would you take a player + cash deal involving Bertrand & Moses + £7-15m?

I think i just might if it was clear Benteke was set on leaving. Not that deals like this ever happen...

Regardless if Benteke stays or not i think we should try for Salomon Kalou.

He can play both wide or central forward and is good with the ball, been excellent pretty much every time i've seen him during his time at Lille, even thou he didn't pull up trees at Chelsea.

Transfer fee and salary will as always be a huge obstacle for us

Edited by sne

So if Chelsea came in for Benteke (unlikely) would you take a player + cash deal involving Bertrand & Moses + £7-15m?

I think i just might if it was clear Benteke was set on leaving. Not that deals like this ever happen...

He can play both wide or central forward and is good with the ball, been excellent pretty much every time i've seen him during his time at Lille, even thou he didn't pull up trees at Chelsea.

In regards to Moses in a cash + swap deal, hell no. One word: Ireland.

In regards to Moses in a cash + swap deal, hell no. One word: Ireland.

Well yeah, a swap deal with Moses or any other player would of course depend on having a manager in place who actually wan't said player at the club unlike the deal involving Ireland.

If you wan't an example of an successfull player + cash deal (involving Chelsea no less) just look at Nemanja Matic

Edited by sne

I think Jason Puncheon at Palace would be a good replacement for Weimann.

replace a 22-year-old improving prospect who has 3 goals and 4 assists this season for a 27-year-old with 3 goals and 1 assist?

you underrate Weimann and overrate Puncheon.

I'm not suggesting Puncheon is top class, but as a cheap option he would provide some pace and skill. I don't really think you can say Weimann is improving.

I would prefer someone like Moses, but that is another step up in cost.

Im guessing Chelsea will go for someone like cavani whos unhappy at psg. Clubs who can offer 25mill+ for a player will get someone better.

I think we will struggle to get even 20 for him

didnt realise how butchered the text got by my predictive text on the phone :)

but yes, id prefer to keep him aswell. he will be more useful than the money we can get for him.

Edited by tomaspg

Lukaku at 17m is a steal

Really is, Chelsea are making (financial) room for Cavani or Costa, by selling everyone not in Mourinhos plans.

They are making an actual attempt at following the FFP rules imo, didn't think the powerful clubs would bother to be honest

If lukaku goin for around 17m we can't expect much more for benteke. We should defo try holding onto him

Let's just spend £17m on Lukaku and play the 2 of them up top.

Screw the rest of the transfer window :D

• Like 2

Where has this Lukaku idea come from?

If he leaves Chelsea, why would he come here? He has been vital for Everton, who are battling for europe and if they win their game in hand will be 1 point behind arsenal.

There would be so many more attractive offers for him to consider than a mid-tablr to bottom half team who, currently, don't pay big wages.

If lukaku goin for around 17m we can't expect much more for benteke. We should defo try holding onto him

Let's just spend £17m on Lukaku and play the 2 of them up top.

Screw the rest of the transfer window :D

Sounds like a plan

Com guessing Chelsea will go for someone like cavani whos inhoppet at psg. Clubs who can offer 25mill+ for a player will get someone better.

I think we will struggle to get even 20 for him

We'll not be struggling to get £20 million for him because he isn't being sold.   I reckon Lambert is more likely to be looking for another striker to play alongside him.

Where has this Lukaku idea come from?

If he leaves Chelsea, why would he come here? He has been vital for Everton, who are battling for europe and if they win their game in hand will be 1 point behind arsenal.

There would be so many more attractive offers for him to consider than a mid-tablr to bottom half team who, currently, don't pay big wages.

Yeah, of course.

But we should get him.

• Like 1