Midweek football 17/20 Feb

andykeenan

Looking around Europe, the only clubs that have managed to become as good as the top clubs without lots of cash (atletico and Dortmund) are more about fast paced attacks than possession.

Agreed, absolutely no hoofing from them.

No hoofs = everyone happy.

Looking around Europe, the only clubs that have managed to become as good as the top clubs without lots of cash (atletico and Dortmund) are more about fast paced attacks than possession.

Agreed, absolutely no hoofing from them.

No hoofs = everyone happy.

Yep. Villa don't have the midfield to completely avoid hoofing though.

Enjoyed watching Swansea for the 45 minutes I saw, but there was no end product and ultimately no goal (although they did come close on several occasions).

As much as I'd like to watch us play like that, I wouldn't like watching us play like that yet not being able to score.

They've only scored 6 more goals than we have this season. My point is that even if you're playing with all the silky passing and possession in the world, it only matters if you're putting the ball in the net.

Will be difficult for them in the away leg, not impossible of course but they will be wishing they had put some of tonight's chances away.

I'd still rather play like Swansea do than we currently do.  Everton employ a similar strategy and they are going great guns.

Edited by The_Rev

Â