Rogues Gallery

LancsVillan

I have no idea how to post images, but Ali, you have a lookalike: a goalkeeper who started out at Villa and played 5 first-team games between 1959 and 1961 and eventually made a name for himself elsewhere for rather a long time (especially in 1975 but Ray Graydon scored at the second attempt).

wiki entry

link to google imagesEDITED for The_Rev.

• 3 weeks later...
mini Tonyh29

huffysepiapg6.jpg

mini Tonyh29 aged 3

img0321op4.jpg

mini Tonyh29 part 2 aged 17 mths

img7735aul8.jpg

Tonyh29 aged badly

yeah they get their looks from their mother ...

Tony nice to see someone else who discovered the wonders of mexico city, those boats were the highlight of my stay.

Tony looks absolutely nothing like I thought he would.

?? were you thinking jabba the Hutt :-)

It's not a great photo but it's one of the few pictures that I don't look as fat as i really am , so it does the job

Some photos from Sid's 50th bash in Cork at the weekend............

050.jpg

Tye, Bully, God, Gibbo, Morley.

053.jpg

Morley, Gibbo, Kerr, V.Cowans.

054.jpg

Bully and Sid.

060.jpg

Bully and Deacy.

What a weekend, worth missing the All Ireland for.

Bully, what was it like drinking with McGrath, not the gory bits but the way people treated him ?

Well firstly he wasn't 'drinking' and he looked really well for it. He wasn't around for the whole weekend but while he was there he was very polite and had time for everyone, even a pissed up local who started singing about him whilst sitting only about 10ft away.

He was constantly asked for autographs and photos and that was just our lot!! It was never too much trouble for him.

The best way to answer your question would be to tell you something I witnessed. I was standing outside the pub and God, who was standing across the road, was approached by a lad and an elderly woman, I assumed mother and son. The son introduced his Mammy, who stood open mouthed looking up at God, she was 5ft tall max. The son proceeded to take out a camera phone for a photo of Mammy and God. God put his arm around Mammy who continued to look up at him, open mouthed, and the photo was taken. Mammy was speechless the whole time, it was obvious she was in awe of Macca, almost in the presence of God himself! He is not just a God to us.

I wish he could have stayed around longer but it was great to meet him anyway and fair play to him for coming all the way from Dublin for Sid.

Â