Rogues Gallery

LancsVillan

10 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Just been on one of our long walks, dropped in Himley House on way back for some refreshment, discussed Villa and football in general ahead of his first game on Sunday. Never enjoyed a visit to a pub so much

20230816_140154.jpg

You look younger than I thought you would 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 16/08/2023 at 09:49, Talldarkandransome said:

Just been on one of our long walks, dropped in Himley House on way back for some refreshment, discussed Villa and football in general ahead of his first game on Sunday. Never enjoyed a visit to a pub so much

20230816_140154.jpg

How old is your nipper ?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Somewhere around one of the peaks of The Lawley, near Church Stretton. But not the peak.

Caer Caradoc can be seen over my left shoulder. Having just climbed up, across and down that one, and then up The Lawley, I have a bit of a sweat on here. Fortunately that’s mostly hidden by my silhouette.

IMG_0066.jpeg.a10d8337e5d0f898478b38c8a2b4194f.jpeg

What I failed to foresee at this point was the two hour walk back to the car in Church Stretton that faced me once I’d completed this second hill. My hope for a nice leisurely stroll back in today’s heat was fairly fanciful and somewhat miscalculated with the benefit of hindsight.

Good hills though.

Bowler hat without sleeves, good choice

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Somewhere around one of the peaks of The Lawley, near Church Stretton. But not the peak.

Caer Caradoc can be seen over my left shoulder. Having just climbed up, across and down that one, and then up The Lawley, I have a bit of a sweat on here. Fortunately that’s mostly hidden by my silhouette.

IMG_0066.jpeg.a10d8337e5d0f898478b38c8a2b4194f.jpeg

What I failed to foresee at this point was the two hour walk back to the car in Church Stretton that faced me once I’d completed this second hill. My hope for a nice leisurely stroll back in today’s heat was fairly fanciful and somewhat miscalculated with the benefit of hindsight.

Good hills though.

Why is Mike Oldfield's moonlight shadow paying in my head when I look at this 

• Haha 2

Â