Resident Evil 4 HD (PC 2014)

The_Rev

Easily the best Resident Evil game, and one of the most important games ever released, it was the inspiration for Gears of War which of course led to a plethora of third person cover based shooters from the last generation of consoles.   I love this game, I bought a Gamecube specifically to play it and I wasn't disappointed.  Dunno how well it will hold up because I don't think I have played it since 2005 but it is definitely an interesting announcement from Capcom. 

I love this game, I bought a Gamecube specifically to play it and I wasn't disappointed.  

Yes, I remember doing exactly the same a week or so after you recommended it to me. 

I remember the boss battles being particularly innovative at the time and the the whole atmosphere being incredible.

Never played it! Did play RE2 not long ago though for the first time in many many years, and found the old 'tank' style controls awkward and entirely cumbersome, couldn't even progress past the intro bit :wacko:

It is, as they say, "totes amazeballs".  You've got to get on it, hogso.

Those shambling grey things in the abandoned facility about 2/3 of the way through made me mess my frilly knickers.

One of my all time favourite games. I only had 2 games for the wii that I actually played, this and Mariokart. Can't believe it was almost a decade ago!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
6 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

This with the gamecube is coming out of the cellar this weekend. Can not believe it was 16 years ago when I last played it

played it recently and the controls felt so wrong. 

Just now, avfcDJ said:

played it recently and the controls felt so wrong. 

Having hardly played any video games since then since the birth of my eldest I probably won’t notice👍

• Haha 1

I've bought Resident Evil 4 multiple times on different platforms, and always gave the same problem. I give up after an hour due to the controls. Obviously it's a classic game that kinda defined what third person action games were afterwards.

But it controls like shit these days.

Â