Resident Evil 4 HD (PC 2014)

The_Rev

A remake of this coming this year. And a demo for that remake rumoured beeing available this week. R.E 4 was my favourite game until it got overtaken by The Last Of Us. Cant wait to play the remake. I loved both the remake of R.E 2,and 3.

• Like 1

I'll play the remake thanks to the brilliant job they did on 2 and 3

Personally I think 4 is a little overrated, 2 is peak RE for me especially the new one, 4 stepped in a direction that I'm still not convinced by* and on my last attempt at replaying it I hated the controls and camera so I'm at least interested to see that updated 

And they did a village demo so wouldn't be surprised if 4 got one 

* 7 and 8 are brilliant games even with how far away from zombies in racoon city they are 

Last I heard the RE4 Remake demo is tomorrow night (UK time), but don't get the pitchforks out if I'm wrong. 

I am very curious to see how the game works out as they are doubling down on the survival horror elements in the remake. There will of course be more action as that's just the kind of game RE4 is, but I feel like it'll be less jarring this time as RE3 Remake was closer to an action game too. OG RE4 sticks out like a sore thumb because it was a more action focused sequel to a series that had been fixed camera survival horror for a decade up to that point. With the remakes and the focus on combining survival horror with action which they have done in RE2 and RE3 Remake, I think RE4 Remake won't be even close to as jarring to play which will benefit the game a lot. 

Where Capcom truly have their work cut out for them is if they decide to remake RE5 and RE6. I don't envy the team that is tasked with that if the go ahead is given, which I am sure it will be as why stop with the remakes now? Just remake the whole franchise at this point. 

Edited by Daweii

I wrote release later this year. It is later this month. Realized that just yesterday :D

Dont know why,but i thought this was coming much later. I havent played Village. I dont like the first person view at all. Did play RE7. And liked it,but heard Village is coming with a third person view,so i am waiting for that. Totally agree with the above that RE6 was a bad game. I think they had a couple of games i am not a to big fan of after RE4. After RE4 i didnt get really excited playing a RE game until the remake of RE2

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fleksnes said:

I wrote release later this year. It is later this month. Realized that just yesterday :D

Dont know why,but i thought this was coming much later. I havent played Village. I dont like the first person view at all. Did play RE7. And liked it,but heard Village is coming with a third person view,so i am waiting for that. Totally agree with the above that RE6 was a bad game. I think they had a couple of games i am not a to big fan of after RE4. After RE4 i didnt get really excited playing a RE game until the remake of RE2

They added the third person mode to RE Village late last year, but it's locked behind the 'Winters' Expansion' DLC so to get the mode you need to give Capcom more money. I think they also released an RE Village: Gold Edition which comes with the DLC for those that didn't own the game already. Once you have the DLC you can select "options" from the main menu, then go to the "camera" tab, and once in there you can select "third-person" for the view mode. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Daweii said:

They added the third person mode to RE Village late last year, but it's locked behind the 'Winters' Expansion' DLC so to get the mode you need to give Capcom more money. I think they also released an RE Village: Gold Edition which comes with the DLC for those that didn't own the game already. Once you have the DLC you can select "options" from the main menu, then go to the "camera" tab, and once in there you can select "third-person" for the view mode. 

Thanks. I didnt know that. I dont own the game,so i think i will buy the gold edition,and warm ut to RE4 with it. 

• Like 1

Â