Zat Knight going to Blues - I'm disappointed !!

paulanddonya

According to teletext it is widely expected Knight will join Blues in the Summer.

I'm disappointed in this - why ??

He is a Villa fan isn't he, I'm sure I watched something once saying he was a regular holte-ender and his dream was to play for us.

I don't care if people who have no ties to Villa playing for Blues (ie: if lets say Aaron Hughes went to them - oh please let Aaron Hughes go to them !!)

but it saddens me when this happens. For all I was disappointed with Stanley Victor, I remember watching him on a telly programme just after he was in The Farm - he was asked "is there any club you wouldn't join, no matter what they offered" and he replied

"Being a brummie villa fan I could never join the Blues, no matter how much they offered".

Thats what I like !!!

Zat Knight is clumsy and error prone, and he's not Villa class. He is a professional however, and if he's decided this is the best move for his career then fair play to him. However...once a nose always a nose. No turning back.

If Zat Knight thinks he's good enough for the noses, then he clearly isnt good enough for Villa.Dont forget, this is post Ellis Villa. We can do better. We will do better than a jouneyman who has settled for second best and no trophys.

At the end of the day, he's got to do what is best for his career and his future. He's not in the same pay league as your Rooneys or Gerrards, and he'll probably get more money playing for the Blue filth than Foolham. Besides this, he's a liability as far as defending goes and far too error prone to replace Cahill, Melly or Laursen (or even Ridgewell). Should be good for few laughs if we play the scum next season, though.

Anyway according to wikipedia, he's from Solihull, which would tend to be a 'nose catchment area.

Any Villa "fan" who'd play for the Scum must be mental

Thats quite a lot of former players then.

:winkold:

Suprised he is choosing to come back to brum rather than stay in London and play for a club like Fulham, who won't go down.

I'd be surprised if this actually goes through. Zat Knight is definitely a Villa fan, and picked up a fine and a warning from the FA for over-celebrating a Fulham goal in front of the Blues fans a couple of years ago I seem to recall.

He's a strange one, looked like he might be a quality player a couple of years back, but has gone downhill.

Fact is that Zat Knight is always on the piss around here and coming back to the area will suit him. Make no mistake though he is shit and when he is back round here all his hangers on will result in his performances getting even worse!

Anyone can say they are a Villa fan but did he used to pay to watch us play? I doubt it.

• 4 months later...
Except Ian who thought he was shite 5 months ago, and now he is £ 4 Mill well spent :mrgreen:
:lol:

i'm pleased to say i din't contribute to this slagging of knight at the time.

I actaully think he's a decent player.

this is a highly amusing thread though. :P

Except Ian who thought he was shite 5 months ago, and now he is £ 4 Mill well spent :mrgreen:

LOL that is classic!!!! this backs up what i hav said on another thread about players being shite in the minds of some, until they're linked with Villa, then they become great, hahahaha

he's shite all theis Villa fan stuff does not mean a jot

Ian? Is he suddenly great because MON wants him? Or do you change your opinion on all players based on what the current manager thinks?

Not having a dig, just interested to know why the change in opinion?