Villa Birmingham Mail half term survey

andykeenan

Quote from the Mat Kendrick article linked to the survey:

"Lambert is right that this home hoodoo pre-dates his tenure. Villa have won just 11 of their 48 Premier League home games since the start of Alex McLeish’s season in 2011-12"

True, but oddly enough the "hoodoo" actually started immediately after Lambert's first visit to Villa Park as a manager, with Norwich on the 5th of November 2011. Villa won 3-2 that day, and at that point had a quite respectable home record (W3 D2 L1).

Since then, the record is: Played 42 Won 8 Drawn 12 Lost 22.

Did Lambert put a curse on Villa that day?

• Like 2

Q. Who is your aston villa player of the season so far?

A. Jordan Bowery

And why?

Why not?

Shame you couldn't attach the wheelchair gif

I want a holographic card that moves with the motion of the gif, I want it signed by J Bowz himself.

• 2 weeks later...

Quote from the Mat Kendrick article linked to the survey:

"Lambert is right that this home hoodoo pre-dates his tenure. Villa have won just 11 of their 48 Premier League home games since the start of Alex McLeish’s season in 2011-12"

True, but oddly enough the "hoodoo" actually started immediately after Lambert's first visit to Villa Park as a manager, with Norwich on the 5th of November 2011. Villa won 3-2 that day, and at that point had a quite respectable home record (W3 D2 L1).

Since then, the record is: Played 42 Won 8 Drawn 12 Lost 22.

Did Lambert put a curse on Villa that day?

That's a good point actually - we only won one more home game for the rest of the season (that 1-0 against Fulham the following March).

Something else I find bizarre about our home record is that we seem to lose so often as opposed to draw. I mean, we generally don't get beat very often away.

Â