Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

Hahaha you can't question a Lambert signing unless you have extensive knowledge of players and fees across world football?

Who said that? If you want to pipe up and criticize in a very derogatory way Lambert's intention to sign Hoolahan and come across very much like you think it's a piece of piss to find a number 10 on a budget. If they are 10 a penny, or a dime a dozen, then surely someone will have heard of one of them?

No?

• Like 1

The way Norwich are handling themselves with regards hoolahan, other players will think twice before going to them. They should keep quiet and stop putting out crap to try to discredit a player who got them to were they are at.

Where does Gary Gardner play?

Isn't it about time he got a crack, rather than signing a Norwich reserve?

I think he just wants to bring in some experience to help the young players out!

How many PL appearances?

60,70?

Experience?

Or does Lambert just want friends around the place?

I don't see Hoolahan making any difference to our present line up, and would expect him to be cuddling Holt on the bench.

And the confusing thing is, you want Gardner to play, who has not shown anything to suggest he will make it.

Strange.

Anti Lambert agenda, pro Lerner agenda.

You're going off on one of your tangents again!

I enquired about where Gardner plays, nothing more. I am an ST holder and can't really remember seeing him play, which suggests that his chances to 'show anything' have been extremely limited. As one of our apparently brighter prospects, I would hate us to sign Hoolahan and have a Knight/Cahill situation.

Because I question a potential signing makes me anti-Lambert? Sorry, I don't get that one.

And I assume that you have mentioned the owner because you like to feed your personal obsession, because I can't see where he would be relevant to the discussion?

You do make me laugh, accusing me of going 'off on a tangent' for expressing an opinion and asking a question. This is an open forum.
That was my point exactly.

Which was not off tangent.

Except that at no point did I state that I wanted Gardner to play, as you stated ('expressed opinion')so off tangent.

Ok, so you are not calling for an untested player with no experience to be given a crack. 

The bottom line is we not sell to Villa regardless of the offer, period.

Thats from a respected ITK journo M Dennis this morning.

This is getting well spiteful now imo. :wacko:

Pathetic.

Goodness me it's like being on the school playground all over again dealing with this lot. I feel quite sorry for Hoolahan, don;t think he's gonna get his move. I think Paul Lambert is right to just move onto other targets and leave them to it. It's not like he's irreplaceable now is it although i appreciate there is a lack of "No.10's" about.

3-4m for 31 hoolahan that fans dont even want? with respect i think i will pass on that one

It would never happen, the top end of that (£4m) is getting close to what we paid for Benteke and it would be one of Lambert's biggest fees spent with us.

I'd grab £1.5m for a 31 year old player (he'll be 32 by the end of the season) who is currently on the fringes of the squad, if that is what we have offered.

Eh? We spent nearly £8m on Benteke.

We didn't, but that is a whole other topic.

Here we go again.  The amount we spent on players last year is a matter of record.  £21.7m  If we didn't spend £7m on Benteke, who on earth cost a lot more than their reported values?  Because if you went off the undervaluing that generally goes on, we'd have spent closer to £12m.  But we didn't.  £21.7m.  Which is extremely close to the combined cost of all the players like Benteke and Westwood reported on sites like Soccerbase.

I have never heard anyone claim Benteke costs £8m??  No-one knows for sure but £7m is the figure generally used

There is absolutely no chance that we would spend £3m-£4m on Hoolahan - £1-£1.5m would be the max

You have an anti-Lambert agenda and feel the need to skew everything to suit that

I've absolutely no idea what you're talking about.  The poster was intimating that we spent £4m on Benteke, which is clearly rubbish, as you state.  And nowhere did I say that we'd spend £3-£4m on Hoolahan.  I agree, if Lambert can't land him for buttons, we won't be getting him at all.

probably trying to get Norwich to start worrying.. this reminds me of when we bid for Dempsey to try and convince Genk to agree a fee for Benteke.

This never works out well for me in Football Manager.

maybe in the new version with better AI?

Hoolihan will be a Villa player by latest 11pm Friday 31st January 2014.

Would you bet against it?

Yes, they turn the computer off in Norwich at 5pm Edited by Jimzk5

Norwich have obviously been leaked our Hoolahan fan merchandising plan... the claret and blue hoola-hoop with holographic facial depiction of this player. The Aston Villa Wes Hoolahan Hoola-hoop...

Never forgiven Norwich for doubling us in the 1992/93 season - those 6 points could have helped make all the difference. So, I can kind of understand why they are giving us the apprarent bird over Hoolahan. Still, I am just a fan, and they are a professional football club. If the player wants out and they get a 'decent' bid then they should sell - makes sense...

• Like 1

3-4m for 31 hoolahan that fans dont even want? with respect i think i will pass on that one

It would never happen, the top end of that (£4m) is getting close to what we paid for Benteke and it would be one of Lambert's biggest fees spent with us.

I'd grab £1.5m for a 31 year old player (he'll be 32 by the end of the season) who is currently on the fringes of the squad, if that is what we have offered.

Eh? We spent nearly £8m on Benteke.

We didn't, but that is a whole other topic.

Here we go again. The amount we spent on players last year is a matter of record. £21.7m If we didn't spend £7m on Benteke, who on earth cost a lot more than their reported values? Because if you went off the undervaluing that generally goes on, we'd have spent closer to £12m. But we didn't. £21.7m. Which is extremely close to the combined cost of all the players like Benteke and Westwood reported on sites like Soccerbase.

I have never heard anyone claim Benteke costs £8m?? No-one knows for sure but £7m is the figure generally used

There is absolutely no chance that we would spend £3m-£4m on Hoolahan - £1-£1.5m would be the max

You have an anti-Lambert agenda and feel the need to skew everything to suit that

I've absolutely no idea what you're talking about. The poster was intimating that we spent £4m on Benteke, which is clearly rubbish, as you state. And nowhere did I say that we'd spend £3-£4m on Hoolahan. I agree, if Lambert can't land him for buttons, we won't be getting him at all.

All this quoting rubbish does my nut in but I would appreciate it if you didn't lie. I didn't say he cost £4m, I said £4m is getting close to what we paid for him, which in reality is true. As far as I am aware we initially paid around €7m which was around £5.5m, I assume there are clauses to add on too. Of course even if we paid £7m overall, £4m is still closer to £7m than it is to £0 if we want to get technical. Again, this is a different topic, but please don't make out I said something when you're quoting the actual post that proves I didn't.

As you say, there isn't a chance in hell that we will pay £3m for Hoolahan let alone £4m anyway.

Â