2014 Holiday Plans

Xela

Just dropped a week from Asia in October which means Philippines will have to be wiped.  Compromise with the missus, she wants to do a week long cruise.  

Cruises have never appealed to me but she swears by them, we'll be leaving from Venice and stopping off at Dubrovnik, Corfu, Santorini, Ephesus, Athens, Katakolon and back to Venice.

All places I've never been and apparently I will eat like a king all inclusive so quite looking forward to it.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

Going Brussels in Feb (4 days) & Venice end of March (4 days).

Not sure on the main hols yet, went Cuba this year and that was awesome!

Wouldn't mind going to Iceland as it looks pretty cool there, thinking about Costa Rica too.

Ended up going Mexico in end!! Coming back tomorrow though :(

Got 6 days hol left, anyone recommend a good short break? I'd say 6 hours max flight time.

Going Brussels in Feb (4 days) & Venice end of March (4 days).

Not sure on the main hols yet, went Cuba this year and that was awesome!

Wouldn't mind going to Iceland as it looks pretty cool there, thinking about Costa Rica too.

Ended up going Mexico in end!! Coming back tomorrow though :(

Got 6 days hol left, anyone recommend a good short break? I'd say 6 hours max flight time.

depends on what you want to do ...and budget

Week in Santa Eulalia, Ibiza in September. 

It'll be my 3rd time going back there, always stopping in the Es Cana/Santa Eulalia area. Just right for a relaxing holiday; not too loud or too quiet, plenty of boat trips and places to visit and Estrella Damm on draught  B)

depends on what you want to do ...and budget

Probs 500 quid tops and not really fused! Last year I had a similar number of days hol left is drove round Europe, did 2800 miles in 6 days... Went Berlin, Auschwitz and Paris. Could do something similar bit north Italy, Austria etc? Not been Austria so don't know what it like there, love Italy though.

Other options Iceland or Dubai but probably out of budget.

Egypt would be good but it a bit crazy there atm so will avoid until that's settled! If I went there I'd want to go pyramids.

You really don't want to go to Bratislava unless you are caring suitcase nukes to detonate

What's wrong with Bratislava Tony?

How long have you got :)

It was more the people , we got pulled over by the police ( only crime I can think we committed was driving by the dozens and dozens of prostitutes who lined the road once you crossed in from Vienna )who took our passports demanded money and then made us follow them out into the middle of nowhere before driving off

Then the locals decided that they didn't like English people and started abusing us and pushing and shoving whilst I tried to get a bloody burger in McDonald's .. Next the hotel also ripped us off ( said we had drunk about 8 beers from the money bar ( we hadn't even opened it ) and over charged on the room and threatened us when we refused to pay

This was a long time ago and maybe the Neanderthals have evolved into civilised people by now...

I appreciate there are bent coppers everywhere so it could just he luck of the draw ... I've been to Poland a couple of times and never experienced any issues , for example

Ah a while back then! Don't think the hotel thing would happen now purely because of the internet and sites like trip advisor, loads of bad reviews and they'd get no customers!

Just dropped a week from Asia in October which means Philippines will have to be wiped.  Compromise with the missus, she wants to do a week long cruise.  

Cruises have never appealed to me but she swears by them, we'll be leaving from Venice and stopping off at Dubrovnik, Corfu, Santorini, Ephesus, Athens, Katakolon and back to Venice.

All places I've never been and apparently I will eat like a king all inclusive so quite looking forward to it.

I have always considered myself a bit of a rough and ready traveller but had my first cruise experience and loved it! 

I have always considered myself a bit of a rough and ready traveller but had my first cruise experience and loved it! 

What was so good about it?

I've never been convinced either.. nearly booked one once with the ex but split up before booking! 

Â