Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Send your kids to a school that has poor teachers and it is likely that they won't do well in their final exams before leaving school for the big bad world.

Introduce good teachers that can pass on their knowledge and experience and teach in a manner that suits the kids then guess what!

Unfortunately our 'kids' are being taught by poor teachers.

Edited by pacbuddies
  • Like 2

Just watched Forest vs West Ham and i have to say the difference between that Forest performance and the performances of Villa (except for Villa 6 Sunderland 1) not only recently, but for many years including MON years is amazing!!!!  I have supported Villa since 1974 and now it looks to me that the players reflect the personality of Mr Lambert.  His personality is dour full stop.  He appears to have always had a crushing weight on his shoulders ever since coming to Villa.  This is reflected in the players performances.  Its like they are being constricted by some invisible force, they just do not seem happy in what they are doing!  Is this because of Mr Lambert?  They threw off those shackles against Sunderland at home last season, so throw them off again!!!  Also what Villa need more than anything is someone to ingrain a winning mentality into those players and everybody at the club!!  It cannot just be Ferguson who was able to do it for God's sake!!  If people lived their life with the mentality of Aston Villa the world would be a very dark place indeed!    

He appears to have always had a crushing weight on his shoulders ever since coming to Villa - I disagree.  Check out his press conferences and he always seems to be pretty relaxed and in control of matters.  He never seems down about defeats or too carried away by wins.

Its like they are being constricted by some invisible force, they just do not seem happy in what they are doing! - At Villa Park, yes, I agree.  This has been the case for the best part of five/six years, though.  Maybe longer.  Villa simply have a real, ingrained, problem of playing at home due to years of under-investment from owners combined with high expectation levels from fans.  I don't think our players have felt comfortable playing at Villa Park since the days of Brian Little and John Gregory (and even then it was hit and miss). Yesterday's result came as no surprise to many as we have seen this type of thing happen loads of times since the days of Big Ron.  A half empty Villa Park with a lower league, unfancied, side taking a huge following and treating the day as a cup final always ends up with an uncomfortable, stale performance from Villa.  A quick fix would be for our manager to be given a huge transfer kitty so he could build a big squad that would allow him to pick strong teams for every league and cup match, home and away.  Confidence for our home games would soon soar and our players would feed off the positivity with the added bonus of being good enough to meet the expectancy levels.

it cannot just be Ferguson who was able to do it for God's sake!!  - Ferguson spent millions, broke many British record transfer fees AND was given time.

Edited by McGregor1888
  • Like 2

Send your kids to a school that has poor teachers and it is likely that they won't do well in their final exams before leaving school for the big bad world.

Introduce good teachers that can pass on their knowledge and experience and teach in a manner that suits the kids then guess what!

Good teachers need to be given time by understanding headmasters and parents.  You can't turn around a failing school in 18 months.

• Like 2

'This has been the case for the best part of five/six years, though'.

Funny its been for the past 5-6 years  Maybe its because we have had the most dour boring managers available with no tactical nous or plan B of how to play at home what so ever. I.e O'Neil, McLeish and now Lambert.

Good teachers need to be given time by understanding headmasters and parents.  You can't turn around a failing school in 18 months.

This metaphor is ridiculous from both sides of the argument.

So Lambert has simply set us up to play to that strength. Defend deep draw the opponents on to us and hit them on the counter

I believe we are set up to play on the counter however this does not excuse the aimless long balls, the shocking awareness and composure of our players and the failure to do a lot of basic stuff on the pitch.

VILLA namely the OWNER, CEO and MANAGER have taken a LONG TERM approach to rebuilding the squad and moving up the table, because to owner is not willing the be the clubs sugar daddy, he wants the club to stand on it own two feet! There is nothing wrong with this!

In theory no, however we have no real clue what the owners intentions really are.

Lambert's record with transfers is solid

Sorry that's rubbish.

In your post you've defended the owners approach, the players we've signed and the manager, so how come its been so awful then?

Back the manager, back the team and at the end of the season reassess things then, because this young team needs the fans backing, how can they be expected to perform at home when they know they will get booed! Its embarassing to be a Villa fan when I see that shit!

Sorry completely disagree. The players and management have given us nothing at home this season but pathetic performances (Man City second half as the exception). People shell out a load of time and money to watch, quite frankly, utter rubbish week after week with no improvement. I don't boo and never have, but was on the cusp yesterday after watching such a diabolical performance against a side down the bottom of league 1.

The fans have been incredibly patient with the team, it's about time they gave something back because if it goes on like this, ticket sales are going to be vastly reduced. Call me a bad fan or whatever but it's how I feel. I support the Aston Villa, not Paul Lambert and his coaching staff.

The fans deserve a lot better.

Do you think the fans will get good performances if they boo their team every week!

So Lambert has simply set us up to play to that strength. Defend deep draw the opponents on to us and hit them on the counter

I believe we are set up to play on the counter however this does not excuse the aimless long balls, the shocking awareness and composure of our players and the failure to do a lot of basic stuff on the pitch.

VILLA namely the OWNER, CEO and MANAGER have taken a LONG TERM approach to rebuilding the squad and moving up the table, because to owner is not willing the be the clubs sugar daddy, he wants the club to stand on it own two feet! There is nothing wrong with this!

In theory no, however we have no real clue what the owners intentions really are.

Lambert's record with transfers is solid

Sorry that's rubbish.

In your post you've defended the owners approach, the players we've signed and the manager, so how come its been so awful then?

Back the manager, back the team and at the end of the season reassess things then, because this young team needs the fans backing, how can they be expected to perform at home when they know they will get booed! Its embarassing to be a Villa fan when I see that shit!

Sorry completely disagree. The players and management have given us nothing at home this season but pathetic performances (Man City second half as the exception). People shell out a load of time and money to watch, quite frankly, utter rubbish week after week with no improvement. I don't boo and never have, but was on the cusp yesterday after watching such a diabolical performance against a side down the bottom of league 1.

The fans have been incredibly patient with the team, it's about time they gave something back because if it goes on like this, ticket sales are going to be vastly reduced. Call me a bad fan or whatever but it's how I feel. I support the Aston Villa, not Paul Lambert and his coaching staff.

The fans deserve a lot better.

Do you think the fans will get good performances if they boo their team every week!

Then they should play better F******** football. No one believes this bullshit they play their hearts out every home game like Lambert says, because they dont. A change of tactics at home will do a world of good, Lambert needs to realise this.

Wrong, I have seen it happen. You might not get 100% grades A to C in 18 months but you see a noticeable improvement.

Problem with VP is that it's becoming all too easy for opposition teams to play at. I agree that the players and management need to sort it out and start putting in better performances at home but I think the booing is being overdone a bit. It's literally getting to the stage where the team are booed off at half-time and full-time almost every single game.

• Like 1

Problem with VP is that it's becoming all too easy for opposition teams to play at. I agree that the players and management need to sort it out and start putting in better performances at home but I think the booing is being overdone a bit. It's literally getting to the stage where the team are booed off at half-time and full-time almost every single game.

And when players make a mistake, see Wiemann.

Agreed. I accept that there are deep deep frustrations that are understandably held, but we need to get a grip. It isn't going to help. It's a vicious circle that we need to get out of.

If players are booed/feeling under pressure, it makes them more conservative, less likely to take risks and more likely to make mistakes. Hence contributing to the lack of creativity.

It was no less easy to play at last season when the manager's name was being sung by fans after losing 0-3 to relegation fodder like Wigan.

• Like 1

Like I say, not really a fan of booing as it doesn't really do a lot. Lerner certainly isn't going to listen to it anyway.

However these players are professional premier league players and should let their quality and skill do the talking. If you're not up to it, then don't do it.

If only there hadn't been two years of shit preceeding it, eh?

• Like 1