Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Doesn't matter if PL is here or not. We aren't going anywhere for a while due to our budget constraints. I don't blame PL. I don't particularly blame RL as he has kept us financially sound and somewhat sellable to prospective buyers. Its the climate of modern football that is too blame.

I'm bored of it to the point of apathy. I saw the FT result today, sighed a little, giggled as I shook my head then carried on with things.

Such as it should be most fans of stuck in the middle football clubs I suppose.

So our budget constraints us beating a struggling league 1 side who walsall beat last week?!

Its not PL fault. Its not RL's fault its football's fault we lost to Sheffield united and we are so shit?!

Not seeing your point columbo.

We desperately need 2 midfielders and a CB. But i'm worried that Lambert will have us playing the same shit football even with a better squad. I really have no idea who could come in and improve things but there has to be someone out there. Teams likes Spurs and Palace have changed managers recently and they have improved. I would expect us to as well.

Lerner does not have brains to sack him so unfortunately were stuck with him

The best way i can compare his managerial ability is to that of a turd that refuses to flush

A 4 Weetabix special.

No you are right. He's contributing so much to our game at the moment.  :rolleyes:

Is it not possible to criticise a player's recent performances without going over the top and calling him a "useless tosser" when he clearly isn't? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The players are more at fault here than the manager. I don't care how bad the team selection is or the tactics. 

Even after said manager had given them a reason to play half arsed having said he wasn't interested in the cup himself ?

Erm, not buying that one.

A managers job is to field a team, and to have them tactically prepared. He got one right 

And to those who say keep him until the summer, you are just assuming we will survive relegation just like we did last season. Just ask Roberto Martinez it'll get you eventually. Given after the next two fixtures we are likely to be at very best just 3 points above the relegation zone there is a real risk of relegation under Lambert. At least if we can get someone new in they may get Benteke firing and sort out the poorest home record IN THE WHOLE FOOTBALL LEAGUE FFS. 

His lack of tactical awareness is also becoming increasingly apparent.

He is the 5th longest serving manager in the Premier League and has been given a good run of it but the dirt served up on the pitch together with his idiotic pre-match comments leaves him nowhere to go for me.

Even the very few matches where we've won we have been lucky and deserved to have lost. This says it all.

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 1

You only need to look at what Tony Pulis has done with a chaotic and desperately low quality Crystal Palace squad to see that a manager can make a real difference even if a squad is deficient. 

I back Lambert - but this is a good point. I still think we should hold off getting rid, but you do make a good point.

No you are right. He's contributing so much to our game at the moment.  :rolleyes:

Is it not possible to criticise a player's recent performances without going over the top and calling him a "useless tosser" when he clearly isn't? :rolleyes:

I'm sure he's been called worse. He is contributing nothing, and is useless in terms of a performance in a Villa shirt. Still, as long as you can deflect attention from the main thing being Lambert showing himself, and Villa up again.

Losses against Milwall, Bradford, Sheffield United, and a club record defeat in the Premier League. If he was at any other club, any club whose owner cared, he'd be gone.

• Like 1

There is no excuse for the lack of shots on target today. Money is not an excuse.

To quote yourself...

Should have had a hat trick today.

Reverted to Benteskey - the player we saw in his first few games. He's crap and shouldn't be starting.

Is it only Lambert's fault that Benteke missed his chances?  

It's his fault he played the useless tosser

So Benteke is a "useless tosser" now is he?

Benteke played great vs Sunderland. Lambert did the right thing playing him today. Not his fault Benteke missed 2 sitters :rolleyes:

The players are more at fault here than the manager. I don't care how bad the team selection is or the tactics. 

Even after said manager had given them a reason to play half arsed having said he wasn't interested in the cup himself ?

Erm, not buying that one.

A managers job is to field a team, and to have them tactically prepared. He got one right 

Indeed.  Whether he was quoted out of context or not, all Lambert had to say was that the cup was important and that he'd try as hard as he could. Losing today was always going to end with it doubly biting him on the arse.

It was a perfect day to try and restore a bit of confidence in the tem and amongst the fans, but he couldn't even get that right. 

• Like 1

I found it quite amusing that Isa said that, because he's had the same accusation levelled at him in the past and he got (which is fair enough) angry :-)

I was told to go and 'support somebody else' which is a bit different.

Similar principle. I'm not saying that the accusation is correct, but it's a tad hypercritical to level the same/a similar accusation at somebody else when it wrankled you.

I didn't intend for it to be interpreted as that. It was more a swipe at the acceptance of what has transpired by some.

I'm sure he's been called worse. He is contributing nothing, and is useless in terms of a performance in a Villa shirt. Still, as long as you can deflect attention from the main thing being Lambert showing himself, and Villa up again.

Losses against Milwall, Bradford, Sheffield United, and a club record defeat in the Premier League. If he was at any other club, any club whose owner cared, he'd be gone.

What? I have no interest in deflecting attention from Lambert. I've criticised him at least half a dozen times in this thread.

I just think calling Benteke a "useless tosser" is absolutely ridiculous and a complete overreaction.

Edited by Mantis

I'm really at a loss as to the continuing support of a man who clearly is not up to the job.

We have broken records under him we nearly went down last season and this season I believe we are in a false position.

The ONLY reason I can think of is that he succeeded McLeish.

Does anyone really believe that he can turn us around to be a competitive side competing for Europe ? I agree that Lerner has a lot to answer for but management of players, purchase of players and tactics to name a few of his duties I strongly believe lambert has failed and will only take us down.

He HAS to go !

But he's not getting continued support though is he? Even most of the people who don't want him out right now (and I include myself here too) only have that opinion for pragmatic reasons.

Edited by Mantis

Benteke played great vs Sunderland. Lambert did the right thing playing him today. Not his fault Benteke missed 2 sitters :rolleyes:

It is his fault that he has signed mostly awful players who can't pass a football, has trained them badly, has adopted awful tactics, has been in charge for numerous embarrassing results and except for a couple of decent seasons at Norwich has a mostly poor managerial record though.

The players are more at fault here than the manager. I don't care how bad the team selection is or the tactics. The worst selection should beat Sheff Utd. Lambert should be given time to sort out the players. I think calls for sacking the manager are premature and once again just another massive overreaction to a result.

It's been 18 months of absolute shite, not just one bad game!  We're supposed to be improving, but clearly aren't.  Look at our next bunch of league games, can't see a win anywhere in the next 4 at least.

It's not 18 months of absolute shite. We are a club in transformation. Lambert is going to be here until the end of the season whether you like it or not. The best thing the fans can do right now is accept that situation and support the team and any players Lambert brings in this window.

The FA Cup is a low priority and losing to Sheff Utd is not good but is pretty meaningless in the bigger picture.

Lerner is a bigger problem, but Lambert still doesn't have what it takes. We are an absolute embarrassment, even with the players we have we should be playing a lot better, they proved they can do it between February and May last season. He's got to go.