Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Prepared now for a few good hidings over the next month. Bottom 3 by then and then it will be too late to turn things round . Haven`t seen a worse team in the league . Is having a team so devoid of premiership talent part of Lamberts project .

My club is being ruined.

I posted this in the match thread, but I'll it it here too.

I just don't understand his tactics.

They have 2 big, immobile CB's. I hardly watch Sheffield United and I know Harry Maguire is a beast in the air but slow as anything. The SU fans all say that's why he probably won't become a top CB. So, why do we just play long balls up? We have the capacity to pass and move so why don't we? Surely this would have been the perfect game to knock the ball about and regain some confidence.

Baffling.

• Like 1

Now as Solskjaer is out of the window, i see no reason to sack Lambo. We won't find anyone better at the marked, now as OGS went to Cardiff. Such a shame, quality manager.

I'm sure there are quite a few managers out there with the tactical nouse to outwit a team that is 18th in division three

We do not need Fergie or anybody like that just someone better than Lambert which judged by his managerial ability so far doesnt add up to much

Edited by AshVilla

Cup upsets are part and parcel of the game, however the regularity they seem to happen to us it worrying. 

Not sure i'd call this an upset, think a fair number of us expected another pathetic home performance

• Like 1

I found it quite amusing that Isa said that, because he's had the same accusation levelled at him in the past and he got (which is fair enough) angry :-)

I was told to go and 'support somebody else' which is a bit different.

There is no excuse for the lack of shots on target today. Money is not an excuse.

If you are building a squad for 40m, you are not going to get the best players out there.

No. But he's bought internationals, U21 internationals and players from leagues above where Sheffield United. Are you honestly saying that a team made up of £40m of 'talent' shouldn't be able to beat Sheffield United, or manage more than two shots on target? Come on!!! It's not an excuse this time round, not at all.

These players should be able to beat Sheffield United, these players are not performing and these players are letting the manager and the fans down. No effort from many of them and a lot seem to run at half the speed, the main striker looks awful and there is a lack of commitment from players who showed at the end of last season they can do it, they get big pay rises and are now settled knowing they do not have to perform.

They need some quality around them to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and they need players brought in who will make sure these lazy brats are not so settled about being in the team.

They need a good shake up.

They have 2 big, immobile CB's. I hardly watch Sheffield United and I know Harry Maguire is a beast in the air but slow as anything. The SU fans all say that's why he probably won't become a top CB. So, why do we just play long balls up? We have the capacity to pass and move so why don't we? Surely this would have been the perfect game to knock the ball about and regain some confidence.

Baffling.

This is a good point.

I found it quite amusing that Isa said that, because he's had the same accusation levelled at him in the past and he got (which is fair enough) angry :-)

I was told to go and 'support somebody else' which is a bit different.

Similar principle. I'm not saying that the accusation is correct, but it's a tad hypercritical to level the same/a similar accusation at somebody else when it wrankled you.

Too many young players, they need the experience in their to show them how to handle occassions like these. Once things start going against us they all just panic and lose there heads.  The manager has identified what is needed to help the team grow and become stronger.  He still hasn't had the opportunity to bring in them players.  Is it really a surprise to people that once we conceded an early deflected goal from there first attack that we struggled like our young team always do?   

Hopefully now Lambert will at least be backed to the point where he can bring in the players we need especially considering the fact that we have been destroyed by injuries and our main striker doesn't seem to know how to score a goal.

Anyway back to the bitching, carry on ladies...

Budget and wages can't be used as an excuse, I'm sure we have spent slightly more than Sheffield United. Also, the idea that we came good this time last year so don't panic worries me; you can argue since Houllier we have been in danger of going down in the tail end of the season, we are becoming the new Wigan. Eventually it will catch up on us. 

We're unlikely to be relegated this season given our league position and the form of some of the worse teams in the league, so what exactly would be gained by sacking the manager halfway through the season? 

If that's a reason to keep a manager, then it just shows how **** awful he must be to my mind. Cheers

I've been pro Lambert a long time.

But to field a weakened team, in one of the few things we could compete in, is just waving a white flag of surrender. We all know and understand we won't win the league again until something major changes -ie the oil wells run dry and or Abrahmovich is assasinated after a fall out with Putin, but as a one off, the cup gives us something to play for every year.  If we're not even going to bother, then whats the point,seriously? Might as well sell the ground, move to a green field in the middle of nowhere and bank the proceeds and live off the interest, if its now only about money.

And a decent run in the cup might have earned enough to buy a decent bloody player or two.

Sorry Paul, today you lost me.

There is no excuse for the lack of shots on target today. Money is not an excuse.

To quote yourself...

Should have had a hat trick today.

Reverted to Benteskey - the player we saw in his first few games. He's crap and shouldn't be starting.

Is it only Lambert's fault that Benteke missed his chances?  

• Like 1

Baffling.

This is a good point.

Because ... HE DOESN'T DO TACTICS. You are so right it's laughingly bad. Basic, junior level coaching/tactics

I'd almost wager he didn't bother going through Sheff United's strengths/weaknesses with the side at all. It would've all been about us and our crap predictable hoofball.