The R word

villanwesty88

I'll probably get slated for this but i didnt think we were that bad against Swansea. Ive seen us play allot worse this year and get results. Only my opinion of course

I'll agree, we've played worse and won this season.

Certainly in the frst half and arguably up until the 3rd goal we were the better team but heads dropped when they got the 3rd goal. It was a better performance than Southampton last week.

• Like 2

I wouldn't expect Stoke to sit back against Fulham tbh. Surely they'll be looking to finish as high as possible, and they're only 2 points behind Newcastle in 9th at the moment. Plus, it's a home game, and I'd imagine Hughes isn't going to let his team cruise and risk losing to a team in the bottom 3 in front of their own fans. Also, the same goes for Newcastle. They're on a dire run, and they'll be dying to end it, again, against a team in the bottom 3. Ideally, as many have said already several times, we could just beat Hull and then everything is sorted and we don't have to (as always) be expecting everybody else to bail us out. If we win on Saturday, we'll go above the baggies too, which would be bloody nice!

That 2nd goal so soon killed our momentmum.

Yes and it was a goal that wouldnt go in 99 out of 100, plus the first goal was off side. The 4th goal was because we went 4-2-4 and on reflection this is exactly what i would want a manager to do when we needed a win.

Not standing up for Lambert here but i do think we can be optimistic for a performance against Hull. We need to get behind the team as they are doing their best and were unlucky against Swansea

• Like 1

I wouldn't expect Stoke to sit back against Fulham tbh. Surely they'll be looking to finish as high as possible, and they're only 2 points behind Newcastle in 9th at the moment. Plus, it's a home game, and I'd imagine Hughes isn't going to let his team cruise and risk losing to a team in the bottom 3 in front of their own fans. Also, the same goes for Newcastle. They're on a dire run, and they'll be dying to end it, again, against a team in the bottom 3. Ideally, as many have said already several times, we could just beat Hull and then everything is sorted and we don't have to (as always) be expecting everybody else to bail us out. If we win on Saturday, we'll go above the baggies too, which would be bloody nice!

Forget about Newcastle. They haven't forgot what we done to them and will get beat.

Forget about Newcastle. They haven't forgot what we done to them and will get beat.

The fans maybe but Pardew and the players will want to get something from their last home game. They have been shit for weeks so will need to appease the fans, especially as losing to Cardiff doesn't really guarantee our relegation as Cardiff still need to beat Chelsea.

The fans maybe but Pardew and the players will want to get something from their last home game. They have been shit for weeks so will need to appease the fans, especially as losing to Cardiff doesn't really guarantee our relegation as Cardiff still need to beat Chelsea.

Ashley is a horrible ruthless man, just watch and see the team they put out. Guarantee its full of young players who '' they want to give a chance to''. Mark my words on this one.

Newcastle fans won't mind losing if they think it affects Sunderland in bad way. I'm sure the players will be professional about it but you never know that the atmosphere can't be transmitted to the players.

Edited by useless

I think Hull will be really up for it but I still think we'll win about 5-0. Just got a great feeling.

Hull are having quite an impact on our end of season. With them helping us at the weekend coming back from 2 down to draw with Fulham and now they seem to be our best hope of a win in our last 3 games? Who would have thought potato head could be our saviour? 

And 5-0 is just silly!

• Like 1

My honest opinion is that we will lose the rest of our games.

I don't think Norwich will get a win and a draw out of their remaining games

I don't think Cardiff will get 2 wins from their remaining games

I do think Sunderland will manage to get at least a win. Probably 4 points.

I'm really unsure about Fulham. I can actually see them winning both games which is the scary thought. They're scoring goals. 

I'm surprised that so many people think Fulhams last game will be easy because it's Palace.

It's a local derby and Palace will have the chance to relegate Fulham. I can't see them being 'on the beach' for that one.

Hopefully it'll all be academic after we win on Saturday.

Agree. I can't see Pulis allowing his team to 'be on the beach.'

what team and formation would people choose against hull? Bearing in mind we prob wont get any points from the other two games.

I would personally go for a 4-4-1-1

Guzan

Lowton    Vlaar     Clark     Bertrand

Albrighton     KEA     Delph   Gabby

Bacuna

Holt

It pains me to put holt in the team but I have this feeling he has got a goal in him the problem is he will be shite for large parts of the game but all it takes is a decent cross from albrighton and we can quite easily get the goal.

Edited by powell91
  • Like 1