The R word

villanwesty88

Not necesarry thank you.

Huh? All I'm saying is that you if you read my posts on this you'll see that I never said or implied anything like "having 20% possession will give us more of a chance of winning".

That said, we've generally done worse when we've had more possession this season for some reason.

You pointed out, the best way to gain results is by playing to our strenghts "counter", but by doing that we will have to sit back and let the opponents have the ball, which will result in the low possession rate which i pointed out in my post. Even if you didn't directly said having 20 % will give us better chances, that will be the result if you play at our "strenghts".

And yes, you are probably right when i think about it, we are a one dimentional team, which is another reason why I want Lambert out, i never wanted him in the first place, i wanted Martinez as my first choice and Solskjaer as my 2nd choice.

For certain games (but by no means all) playing on the counter is the best way for us to get a win. I certainly never said we should play like that all the time.

Not necesarry thank you.

Huh? All I'm saying is that you if you read my posts on this you'll see that I never said or implied anything like "having 20% possession will give us more of a chance of winning".

That said, we've generally done worse when we've had more possession this season for some reason.

You pointed out, the best way to gain results is by playing to our strenghts "counter", but by doing that we will have to sit back and let the opponents have the ball, which will result in the low possession rate which i pointed out in my post. Even if you didn't directly said having 20 % will give us better chances, that will be the result if you play at our "strenghts".

And yes, you are probably right when i think about it, we are a one dimentional team, which is another reason why I want Lambert out, i never wanted him in the first place, i wanted Martinez as my first choice and Solskjaer as my 2nd choice.

For certain games (but by no means all) playing on the counter is the best way for us to get a win. I certainly never said we should play like that all the time.

I respect your opinion, but i think that if you let teams like Southampton or Everton play at their premisses you will get punished more often than not. I were encouraged by the way we played against Liverpool at Anfield, thats the only way to stop teams like that imo. But you may have another opinion

As much as I enjoyed it, playing like we did against Liverpool away doesn't always work either. I also think whether or not you get punished depends on how good the team is at actually doing something with the ball and Southampton often don't do much with it.

Edited by Mantis

42 points is mathematically safe at this point, so the relegation candidates are West Ham, Swansea, Hull, Villa, WBA, Norwich, Cardiff, Fulham, and Sunderland.

Villa's tragic numbers (remaining points dropped plus the other team's points gained that would see Villa finish no higher than them):

West Ham: 10 pts

Swansea: 11 pts

Hull: 11 pts

WBA: 14 pts

Norwich: 15 pts

Cardiff: 17 pts

Fulham: 17 pts

Sunderland: 18 pts

6 of those must hit in order for Villa to be relegated.

42 points is mathematically safe at this point, so the relegation candidates are West Ham, Swansea, Hull, Villa, WBA, Norwich, Cardiff, Fulham, and Sunderland.

Villa's tragic numbers (remaining points dropped plus the other team's points gained that would see Villa finish no higher than them):

West Ham: 10 pts

Swansea: 11 pts

Hull: 11 pts

WBA: 14 pts

Norwich: 15 pts

Cardiff: 17 pts

Fulham: 17 pts

Sunderland: 18 pts

6 of those must hit in order for Villa to be relegated.

I think a more easily-read way of presenting those numbers is the "needs x more than villa" approach, which would be:

West Ham: -2pts

Swansea: -1pts

Hull: -1pts

Villa: On 35pts

WBA: 2pts

Norwich: 4pts

Cardiff: 6pts

Fulham: 6pts

Sunderland: 7pts

So if we get a point/win at the weekend, it'll be as follows going into the last 2 weeks (doesn't include other teams' games between now and then):

Villa: 36 (Draw) / 38 (Win)

WBA: 3 / 5 from 5 games

Norwich: 5 / 7 from 3 games

Cardiff: 7 / 9 from 3 games

Fulham: 7 / 9 from 3 games

Sunderland: 8 / 10 from 4 games

So if we beat Swansea, we're safe, for all intents and purposes, unless we lose our remaining games, fulham and cardiff win all theirs, and norwich go unbeaten against United, Chelsea and Arsenal

It worries me that If we don't get anything from Swansea then we go into the Hull match almost as if we're playing for survival as I can't see  us getting anything from the last two away to Spurs and City.

• Like 1

Sunderland play Cardiff at home on the 27th so if Fulham lose to Hull, and those two draw provided we beat Swansea we're safe?

Sunderland could still catch us by winning their other 3

Yep. Still shitting it and the Lerner statement has me even more worried. Would be typical of the last 4 years for us to **** up a takeover by getting relegated.

Would it be typical though? Last season was the season nobody wanted to go down (more than usual) because of the new PL prize money and we didn't go down then.

Yep. Still shitting it and the Lerner statement has me even more worried. Would be typical of the last 4 years for us to **** up a takeover by getting relegated.

Would it be typical though? Last season was the season nobody wanted to go down (more than usual) because of the new PL prize money and we didn't go down then.

I suppose for me it would be the piss flavoured cherry on the spunk icing of the turd cake that has been the last 4 years.

To go down now, with potentially big changes on the horizon should we stay up, would be gutting.

we need to play bacuna in a forward position in a 433. he's the only one who can shoot

I'd be tempted to do this also, 4231, Westwood and KEA in midfield, Delph in front of them, Bacuna on the right wing, Albrighton in the left and Gabby/ Holt upfront. Something like that.

If we had just one more point Cardiff/Fulham would both need 2 wins and a draw in 3 games due to our goal difference and Norwich would need a win and a draw against 3 top sides. Sunderlands run in isnt that daunting tbh but again  more point for us and they would need 3 results in 4. 1 more win/draw for us and i can rest easy but in truth 35 might even be enough due to GD.