The R word

villanwesty88

Again I don't agree. As Poccetino rightfully said, if the game were played 10 times, they would win 9 out of 10. If we played the excact same game and played just as we did and lost 4-2 or something you would probably have said the gameplan were horrible.. the fact is everything that could go for our gain did on that certain game.

Yeah well it's not played 10 times it's played once.

I'm not disputing that we need to learn to use the ball better (especially against weaker teams at home) but setting up to counter attack away from home against much better opposition is the right approach and is something many of the top teams do if they're playing even better teams away. As I said, our problems lie elsewhere this season.

You don't see the likes of Everton or Southampton do that against so called "better" sides though, do you? Fact is: if you play at your opponents strenghts, means letting them have the ball and do what they like to do, the chance of you getting beat more often than not will be the case.

Norwich are down now surely given their fixtures? Then if Sunderland and Cardiff draw next week we'd be safe right?

That what we said about Sunderland too, and they end up beating Chelsea. Football isn't allways as predictable as you may think.

• Like 1

Again I don't agree. As Poccetino rightfully said, if the game were played 10 times, they would win 9 out of 10. If we played the excact same game and played just as we did and lost 4-2 or something you would probably have said the gameplan were horrible.. the fact is everything that could go for our gain did on that certain game.

I'm not disputing that we need to learn to use the ball better (especially against weaker teams at home) but setting up to counter attack away from home against much better opposition is the right approach and is something many of the top teams do if they're playing even better teams away. As I said, our problems lie elsewhere this season.

You don't see the likes of Everton or Southampton do that against so called "better" sides though, do you? Fact is: if you play at your opponents strenghts, means letting them have the ball and do what they like to do, the chance of you getting beat more often than not will be the case.

Likewise, playing to our strengths (counter attacking) gives us more chance of winning.

It's not even like Southampton do much with the ball a lot of the time, as we saw yesterday.

Likewise, playing to our strengths (counter attacking) gives us more chance of winning.

It's not even like Southampton do much with the ball a lot of the time, as we saw yesterday.

I don't see how we do have a better chance of winning when we have the ball only 20 % in the whole game, but that's hust me though

Edited by villalad21

Just did a prem predictor for the final games this season, used a Palace fansite at this link.

Results wise I came to the conclusion that ourselves and the teams around us would achieve the following number of points:

(# games remaining)

(4) Villa:  2 points - Away draw vs. Swansea, Home draw vs. Hull, Away loss vs. Man Citeh, Away loss vs. Spurs

(4) Sunderland:  9 points - Home win vs. Cardiff, Away loss vs. United, Home win vs. Baggies, Home win vs. Swansea

(4) Baggies:  4 points - Away loss vs. Man Citeh, Away loss vs. Arsenal, Home win vs West Ham, Home draw vs. Stoke

(3) Fulham:  4 points - Home win vs Hull, Away loss vs. Stoke, Home draw vs. Palace

(3) Cardiff:  2 points - Away loss vs. Sunderland, Away draw vs. Newcastle, Home draw vs. Chelsea

(4) Hull:  2 points - Away loss vs. Fulham, Away draw vs. Villa, Away loss vs. ManUre, Home draw vs. Everton

(3) Swansea:  2 points - Home draw vs. Villa, Home draw vs. Southampton, Away loss to Sunderland

(3) Norwich:  0 points - Away loss vs. ManUre, Away loss vs. Chelsea, Home loss vs. Arsenal

(3) West Ham:  0 points - Away loss vs. West Brom, Home loss vs. Spurs, Away loss vs. Man Citeh

Ultimately, 1 win would see us safe but I can't see where the goals will come from and heading into the final 2 games our survival may only come down to goal difference...  

prempredictor.png

Edited by Tubby

I wouldn't care if our goal difference was minus one hundred if we finished 17th.

I wouldn't care if our goal difference was minus one thousand as long as Lambert is sacked

Cas-shake-head.gif

I don't see how we do have a better chance of winning when we have the ball only 20 % in the whole game, but that's hust me though

I never said having only 20% possession gave us more of a chance of winning. Read what I'm saying.

Norwich are down now surely given their fixtures? Then if Sunderland and Cardiff draw next week we'd be safe right?

That what we said about Sunderland too, and they end up beating Chelsea. Football isn't allways as predictable as you may think.

This.*

*unless we're talking about AVFC

I never said having only 20% possession gave us more of a chance of winning. Read what I'm saying.

Not necesarry thank you.

Not necesarry thank you.

Huh? All I'm saying is that you if you read my posts on this you'll see that I never said or implied anything like "having 20% possession will give us more of a chance of winning".

That said, we've generally done worse when we've had more possession this season for some reason.

Not necesarry thank you.

Huh? All I'm saying is that you if you read my posts on this you'll see that I never said or implied anything like "having 20% possession will give us more of a chance of winning".

That said, we've generally done worse when we've had more possession this season for some reason.

You pointed out, the best way to gain results is by playing to our strenghts "counter", but by doing that we will have to sit back and let the opponents have the ball, which will result in the low possession rate which i pointed out in my post. Even if you didn't directly said having 20 % will give us better chances, that will be the result if you play at our "strenghts".

And yes, you are probably right when i think about it, we are a one dimentional team, which is another reason why I want Lambert out, i never wanted him in the first place, i wanted Martinez as my first choice and Solskjaer as my 2nd choice.

Edited by villalad21

Even if we colluded with Swansea to to finish 0-0 we'd still manage to put the ball in our own net in the 90th minute.

Edited by Ponky