2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

Cerci and Immobile to tear the World Cup to pieces (except us).

with a name like that he must be built like a Glastonbury port-a-loo. one of my favourite players already based on his name.

Right up until the commentators ruin it for everyone and spend 10 seconds rolling his name of their tongue everything time

No doubt it's Im-o-beel-ay or eeeeemmoooobeeeeeelaaaaay

when he brings his wag along it will be Donna et Immobile.

• Like 1

I think Clichy is a bit naff, but leaving Nasri out makes no sense.

to be fair to Deschamps, I thought his explanation as to why he left Nasri out was very good.

I tip my cap to him.

French squad looks good except for the defence, and I'm not sure if there are any real leaders there, of the Desailly, Blanc, Viera calibre. Certainly they have no Zidane.

Aye but they have immense talents in Mangala and Varane, it's looking good for them for euro 2018 with Griezmann and Pogba still very young.

Not sure why Sissoko is in, after a bright start he's looked very average for Newcastle although suppose he adds pace and athleticism which will be important in Brazil.

An interesting and probably underrated squad, they're in a comfortable group so should be quarters.

Di Santo somehow play in a world cup qualifier for Argentina, no chance he'll make the cut though with the other forwards listed there...

Tevez was a scapegoat for them losing in the copa America quarters in 2011 and hasn't been picked since.

French squad looks good except for the defence, and I'm not sure if there are any real leaders there, of the Desailly, Blanc, Viera calibre. Certainly they have no Zidane.

Aye but they have immense talents in Mangala and Varane, it's looking good for them for euro 2018 with Griezmann and Pogba still very young.

Not sure why Sissoko is in, after a bright start he's looked very average for Newcastle although suppose he adds pace and athleticism which will be important in Brazil.

An interesting and probably underrated squad, they're in a comfortable group so should be quarters.

Agree, this French squad has tonnes of ability. Question is, are talents the same as leaders?

Without a leader to organize them they could go out in the group stage. I don't know which one of them is the leader. 

Cabaye, maybe, but you always feel more secure with a powerful leader among the defenders. They may flatter to deceive, I wouldn't place any bets on this squad going further than the round of 16. 

Switzerland will probably win the group. Djourou is a leader, and Senderos and Schar are very robust committed players if not highly technical like the fancy French ones.

On a serious note, following the provisional squad announcement I'm lowering my expectations. Van Der Wiel and Heitinga miss out leaving Vlaar as by far the most experienced defender.

BBC pundits

Juninho, Thierry Henry, Rio Ferdinand, Clarence Seedorf ,Brad Friedel

ITV pundits

Roy Keane Lee Dixon Gus Poyet, Gordon Strachan, Ian Wright, Patrick Vieira, Glenn Hoddle, Martin O’Neill Andros Townsend

ITV will have a studio base in Rio de Janeiro to bring home to viewers the impact of the tournament from one of Brazil's iconic cities,

scream__1_.jpg

Edited by RunRickyRun
  • Like 1

Itv will be in the World Cup media centre in rio won't they?

BBC have no doubt used my tv tax to once again pay to build their own media centre wherever the **** they want, and take 200+ people to staff it

But they don't have adverts at half time so who cares!

Is Van Der Wiel injured?

Also why are they taking 4 keepers?

He's had a few injuries this season and his form has made him miss out. I still think he should go as there is a massive lack of experience in our already weak defence.

At the moment it's a 30 man provisional squad so I'm sure one keeper will be dropped. I would guess Zoet.

to be fair to Deschamps, I thought his explanation as to why he left Nasri out was very good.

I tip my cap to him.

What was his explanation?

Di Santo over Icardi!? WAT!?

I tip my cap to him.

For his poor attitude. Being French that has got to be some achievement.

Netherlands have a very interesting defensive corps. Average age 23.

Vlaar will feel right at home.  Pretty astonishing. Like an open door. Maybe they have some great quality that will come through this tournament and we could buy. 

Four come from Feyenoord, three others from Holland and one from Germany.

I tip my cap to him.

Had a very good season Nasri. i'm very surprised by the exclusion.

I tip my cap to him.

Basically said he acknowledged that Nasri was a good player.

But said that whilst he was starting for City, he wasn't a certain starter for the French side. He'd have had him in the squad but that in the past, Nasri has shown a poor attitude when not in the starting XI and he didn't want that in the squad.

Not saying I agree with him, but I thought it was a good explanation. And shows balls dropping a big star for the greater good.

• Like 1