Commonly misspelled names

Mantis

This is a pet peeve of mine. Some common ones that I've seen on here and elsewhere:

"Clarke" instead of Clark (Ciaran Clark)

"Adams" instead of Adam (Charlie Adam)

"Wiltshere" instead of Wilshere (Jack Wilshere)

And probably the worst of all is Kozak, which I've seen spelled the following:

"Kovac"

"Kozac"

"Kojak"

Spelling the name wrong is one thing, attempting to pronounce the name in some lisping Spanish shambles really boils my piss though. Johnathan Pearce on motd is probably the worst for it

• Like 2

This is a pet peeve of mine. Some common ones that I've seen on here and elsewhere:

"Clarke" instead of Clark (Ciaran Clark)

"Adams" instead of Adam (Charlie Adam)

"Wiltshere" instead of Wilshere (Jack Wilshere)

And probably the worst of all is Kozak, which I've seen spelled the following:

"Kovac"

"Kozac"

"Kojak"

Kozá;)

• Like 1

How do you go from Wilshere to Wiltshire? Okay so my predictive keyboard is indicating to me that Wiltshire is an actual name. But still...gah!

Well everybody's heard of Wiltshire (the county), so they assume that's his name. 

The one who plays for Hull spells his name Elmohamady.  Their name is probably spelled the same in Arabic though.  It's like Muhammad and Mohammed or Gabriel and Djibril. 

The one who plays for Hull spells his name Elmohamady. Their name is probably spelled the same in Arabic though. It's like Muhammad and Mohammed or Gabriel and Djibril.

Are both ours and Hull's supposed to be pronounced the same?

I think Karim's surname is supposed to be pronounced something like "El Ackmadi".

• Like 1

The ones that annoy me most are our own players, seen it so many times on forums and twitter.. Clarke, Bannon..only annoys me because theres no real excuse for it you see them playing with their name on their shirt you see their names when teamsheets are announced doesnt really make any sense.

Otherwise i agree with the above, the needless stupid pronunciation of simple names like Cazorla as Caforla i mean is that even right and thats how its supposed to be pronounced or is that someone just beign a bellend?

Siobhán

I can never remember how to spell it, always have to Google it...

lot of foreign people have a problem with the name Aoife when they meet Irish person with that name as spelling and how to say it can be very confusing

Â