Commonly misspelled names

Mantis

Just remember they are owned by the Bayer group.  You know, the company who gave the world heroin and bought human guinea pigs from Auschwitz during WW2 to perform medial experiments on.  

Just remember they are owned by the Bayer group.  You know, the company who gave the world heroin and bought human guinea pigs from Auschwitz during WW2 to perform medial experiments on.

Yeah, I've posted about their ownership and their 'exploits' before (1|2|3)

Just remember they are owned by the Bayer group. You know, the company who gave the world heroin and bought human guinea pigs from Auschwitz during WW2 to perform medial experiments on.

I still prefer them to Disney though.

• Like 1

Just remember they are owned by the Bayer group. You know, the company who gave the world heroin and bought human guinea pigs from Auschwitz during WW2 to perform medial experiments on.

I still prefer them to Disney though.

And to Nestlé.

CSKA Moscow.

Is it see- ess- kay -ay

or..

Cheska?

See Ess Kay Ay.

My beef is with PAOK Salonika. It is "Pee Ay Oh Kay" yet most British commentators (on the rare occasion they televise them) call them "Powk" :bang:

CSKA Moscow.

Is it see- ess- kay -ay

or..

Cheska?

See Ess Kay Ay.

So I'd be a hipster if I went by the Football Weekly way of saying Cheska?

I just want to know because I'm buying a Christmas jumper and I don't want to go full hipster.

I've started prnouncing CSKA as "Sess-kah"

They say it on Football Weekly and I think it sounds cool.

Not even bothered :)

I believe CSKA is the generic name for all the army teams in the old eastern bloc. My Bulgarian friend says "Sess-eh-kah", so that's what I go with. 

It's an initialism for "Central Sports Klub of Army". It's not a word or an acronym* (in that it's not a pronouncable string like benelux or laser).

* one of the most misused and misunderstood words in English.

• Like 1

It's an initialism for "Central Sports Klub of Army". It's not a word or an acronym* (in that it's not a pronouncable string like benelux or laser).

* one of the most misused and misunderstood words in English.

a word (as NATO, radar, or laser) formed from the initial letter or letters of each of the successive parts or major parts of a compound term; also :  an abbreviation (as FBI) formed from initial letters :  initialism

Â