Are the Beatles over-rated?

ender4

Anyone see McCartney in concert on BBC4 last night?

Not bad for a 71 year old but his voice is now starting to go and i wonder how long he can go on playing live before his ego will allow him to call it a day?

Some voices get better as they get older and some don't.

• Like 2

They were a glimpse of an alternative world where you didn't have to have a perm or a 10 minute noodling solo or sing about wizards or California.

I know you can conjur up bands like the New York Dolls and a dozen others that did it better earlier, but they were the ones that were suddenly visible, grabbed attention and showed 'you' can do this.

Right. Just a quick apology to Stefan for my comments earlier in the thread which were too aggressive. Both our comments were valid for different reasons and I should have left it at that.

We were both saying the same thing really. Apology gladly accepted.  :thumb:

• Like 1

That's why I said they came out at the right time as music was getting a bit to much at times, you can't deny their cultural importance I admit but they were useless, the only half talented one got bullied and left the band because he could play an instrument and he liked the beatles, then came along the face of punk mr sid vicious who was nothing more than a poster boy for the band but it worked as history tells us

you don't have to buy what they were about, they showed a whole bunch of people there was an alternative to being as boring as Santana or Sky

Santana were fantastic. But I liked the Pistols, too. 

Â