Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

It's a shame that we didn't bring a midfielder in as I do think that it would help our home form, but perhaps just nothing was coming off for Lambo. I guess he was relieved we beat WBA the other night, as, if we hadn't, then there would be an absolute sh*tstorm going on after not signing anybody to lift the fans. I just hope that we finally sort out the positions that need sorting in the summer.

Edited by JoshVilla

On the whole I'm delighted with the Bertrand signing, even more so if there is an option to buy, I think that shows a level of ambition a lot of fans would be happy with. I do worry if Vlaar/Benteke get injured then what we will do? Also, at the beginning of the season there was an air of expectancy Benteke would leave this coming summer. I just hope if that is the case, Lerner reinvests that money back into the club along with his regular £20-25 million. Then we could pursue more attractive deals and have a stronger team as a whole. 

There has been worse Januarys. 

We never get to hear the direct take on Aston Villa from Randy Lerners point of view, we never get to hear what HIS plans are for the club....

Sell up hopefully.

That could be a smart move, i hear the owners of Racing santander are looking for a new club.

Oh yes of course, the next owners will be the worst ever. This is a lame excuse and if this is the only defence of Lerner, it shows exactly what a failure the man has been for us.

"Custodian"

More like custodial sentence.

Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't, springs to mind.

If I lived my life by that rule I'd still be in a job I don't like, living a miserable existence with my ex-mrs.

I also wouldn't have a new car, an Xbox One, or have discovered I like sushi.

Enjoy your Farley's rusks and tit milk though.  Better the devil you know and all that ;)

Thanks, i was stuck on what to have for a midnight snack! managed to the get the farley's but stuck finding the titty milk, maybe you could tell me?

I'm pleased you found the job you love and that your life is on the up now the Ex has left you, as for the new car! Tonka cars are a great investment but "don't count on it as a long term ivestment, i hear the Chinese have got that coverd with forged goods".

Xbox One, you must be rolling in it ££££ , i would give my old underpants just be see one let alone own one, you must have a great solicitor to negotiate that with the Ex.

PS> Sushi if cat food glorified, rather have a rare fillet steak .

I am frustrated. I feel that we could push on with a player or two more added to the squad. We are looking comfortable in the league for now, but our paper-thin squad is only one or two injuries away from a crisis, lose Vlaar, Delph or Benteke for a significant period and we will struggle. I'm not angry, I'm not panicking, I'm not being a petulant, spoilt child clamouring for us to spend Man City money, but would have liked a couple more players of high quality, like Bertrand to secure our place in the league, and feel that the club could have done something if Lambert had been given sufficient funds. I don't think my position is unreasonable.

It's not unreasonable. But maybe there just wasn't anyone worth paying the money for? Or maybe there wasn't anyone on the offer at all in reality? Not a lot went down in general either.

That could well be the case, or there were players that Lambert wanted but wasn't given the money to obtain - we'll never know either way. What you say is true, though, virtually all the spending has been done by about 5 or 6 clubs.

I'm really excited about this signing, by all accounts he's destined for a glittering career: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-villa-sign-ghanas-lamptey-1412040.html

Wow. A 1994 article. I feel like I need to bring back the 56k dialup modem to honour it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0

(Hoping no one needs to make a phone call while I read)

Edited by K-Carlsen

I'm very happy with Bertrand, and Holt could be useful. But if you had told me at the start of this window that we wouldn't sign a midfielder, I'd have been very disappointed. The few good results and performances we've had this month make up for it somewhat.

Â