Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I don't know why anyone is surprised about how we've done our business this transfer window. What part of the last few years has left people with the impression that we're in the market for exciting signings?

Doesn't that depend on what you find exciting? :)

True, ok expensive then.

And that is probably the truth. Though, I know what you mean by exciting, but some people like me might get excited about cheap signings too. But those days are probably all but gone when you can find some real talent really cheap. Benteke was probably stretching it. Guzan.

Right lets play a game.

I am Randy Lerner. I have invested £200m+ into Aston Villa. I've paid off 3 managers in 3 seasons, and now (I think) have the manager that suits my agenda. After a horrorshow last season my club is now comfortably sat 10th in the league.

Explain to me why I should invest more money into Aston Villa today.

Well firstly I don't think your past **** ups are relevant reasons as to not to spend now. Also as 'the plan' is to spend what we can afford, we could build on our 10th place, finish higher up in the league and secure more TV revenue. With a world cup coming up in the summer we could find an increase in fees and wage demands of some of our targets and finally it gives players a chance to bed in and allows the team to have a better chance of starting stronger next season.
Of course his past **** ups are relevant! It's not a **** game, it's real money that he has spent. That's money down the drain that he has lost, whether that's his own fault or not is a whole other matter.
So we fans should suffer because the owner made mistakes. Forgive me for not worrying that a billionaire might lose some money.

Spending what you can't afford just to please the fans is an incredibly dangerous road to take.

Surely you're not suggesting we can't afford to spend more than holt and Bertrand on loan.

Away team in travelling to destination shock.

Someone asked him on Twitter if Lambert was with, he replied "I believe so".

Edit: By "him", I mean Colley

Edited by bobzy

It is that attitude that makes you sound like a spoilt child.

We don't have any right to expect a sugar daddy owner to spend their own money on the club. The money we earn needs to be reinvested (Ellis didn't even manage that) but the extra money Lerner puts in every year on top of that is a bonus, not something to take for granted.

And its this attitude that makes you come across as a pathetic supporter of Lerner more concerned about the finances of a billionaire than the club you support.

No one forced him to buy the club but he did and he has a responsibility to make us competitive. This is professional sport at the end of the day.

The fact he has **** up should not mean that the club and the fans suffer.

Why you're happy for us to suffer while a ridiculously wealthy man makes sure he keeps his money is beyond me.

Lambert not being there means F.A. He ain't the doctors or CEOs to carry out medicals or contract talks.

And its Merseyside....not Moscow! Presumably they have mobile phone masts in scouseland?

Â