Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

He had a decent game vs Liverpool, actually he was impressive.

That said I'm not sure i doubt it's true to be honest.

One off performance. He aint good enough.

Is that based on the one time you've seen him play (in the performance where he was good enough) ?

This O'Kane nonsense should be just that...idle nonsense.

You are going to be dissapointed then.

I agree though, we should be looking at players like Holtby.

What's your...

The-sauce-selection.jpg

a good one ;)

Time will tell if it is super hot chilli or lame lame Mayo.

• Like 1

Fulham are trying to sign Mitroglou for £11m, good striker from what I have seen in the past. Again, teams around us are strengthening, you can class it as panic buying to a degree but I wish the board would just back Lambert with at least one of his preferred targets for this number 10 role (a position he has wanted to fill since the Summer). 

Reminds me of Football Manager when you ask for more funds but the board say they feel you're performing adequately, unaware of the fact that you're actually 6 points off relegation. Our current position may be good but we need to solidify it and put as much room between us and the drop zone in the next 4 or 5 games.

• Like 1

The thing is that we're speculating about speculations.  Lambert may have identified players that their respective clubs said "absolutely not for sale unless you're offering £20m".  Similarly, Lambert may have identified players that would've cost £7m and the board have said "oh hells no Paul, no way" - we just don't know.

The O'Kane link is underwhelming though, I must admit.  If we're buying a young-ish central midfielder, I'd like him to be a bit more established.  Hoolahan would be a better purchase for a short term fix until the summer.  We've got enough squad filler now really :/

• Like 1

Fulham are trying to sign Mitroglou for £11m, good striker from what I have seen in the past. Again, teams around us are strengthening, you can class it as panic buying to a degree but I wish the board would just back Lambert with at least one of his preferred targets for this number 10 role (a position he has wanted to fill since the Summer). 

Reminds me of Football Manager when you ask for more funds but the board say they feel you're performing adequately, unaware of the fact that you're actually 6 points off relegation. Our current position may be good but we need to solidify it and put as much room between us and the drop zone in the next 4 or 5 games.

How do you know we haven't been in for Lamberts preferred signings and they can't be bought just yet? Just because paper link clubs to players there's no need to get a downer on how our club is run. Cardiff look like they're getting rid of their record signing because he's crap (Cornelius) would you rather that approach? I know we all want the mythical No 10 but we shouldn't let other team transfer dealing effect how we do ours. We win tonight we are 5pts off 9th with 2 days still to do business. I think we will get an AM (Hoolahan) even if it's not the flamboyant name some want.

Â